find out old email address

Community Forums/General Help/find out old email address

Matty(Posted 2015) [#1]
Ok. I have this software I bought in 2005...quite expensive...over 800 dollars AUD at the time.

Software version I use is no longer supported, in fact company was bought out in 2008 I think and the license servers were shutdown in 2011.

Im trying to reinstall on my modern machine. I still have the packaging with the original licence key. However that licence key is tied to an email address with an ISP that no longer exists either. I still know (good memory) my password for that email however I'm not 100% sure if the email address I used back then to register used the earlier ISPs original domain or the domain they changed to around 2005 or 2006 (which also is now defunct).

Silly me... I did actually record the details and put em on a Cd...but would you think I can now find that Cd?

Hmm. I may just have to live a 30 day trial version for now....

I'd be tempted to install a crack for this. ..however theres no way I'm going near one of those sites with my dev machine.

I'm wary of guessing the email address in case the software decides to play funny buggers with me for using a valid key with an invalid email......

Matty(Posted 2015) [#2]
I think the receptionist at the airport in planes trains and automobiles summarised my situation perfectly....however for language reasons I'll not post it here....

Matty(Posted 2015) [#3]
Moot point anyway...software refuses to run stably in win7 even with compatibility mode set on every single executable in the bin folder and run as administrator. ..oh well...i got good use out of it for a while.

MikeHart(Posted 2015) [#4]
Which software was that?

Matty(Posted 2015) [#5]
Softimage XSI 5.0 foundation. Autodesk bought it from Avid a number of years ago and shutdown the activation servers in 2011.

It (and a host other 3d software from that era that I own) refuses to play nicely with Win7.... I had a really good workflow for many years between the different apps but none of em work anymore on modern machines (though they were perfect for the tasks I used them for)