Designing my Own Website?

Community Forums/General Help/Designing my Own Website?

Hotshot2005(Posted 2015) [#1]
I have search on google.co.uk but there is lots of website design. Which one should I go for(somethings that is trustworthy and Free)?

GfK(Posted 2015) [#2]
Joomla.

Matty(Posted 2015) [#3]
Joomla is quite heavy if you don't need to do very much....(although it is still quite good)

what exactly do you want your website to do?

Is it mainly static pages?

What sort of content will you host?

Hotshot2005(Posted 2015) [#4]
Is it mainly static pages? Yes and also for people want download the stuffs that I have made :)

What sort of content will you host? I am not sure what you mean but if someone want download my stuffs then it would be dropbox attach to it.

Hotshot2005(Posted 2015) [#5]
Thanks GFK, I had good look at Joomla but It seem too complex

Is Go Daddy any good?

videz(Posted 2015) [#6]
If you are new to website design or hosting. Just use Wix or Weebly, they are free services and hosting. built-in editor or st like that..

wix.com
weebly.com

xlsior(Posted 2015) [#7]
Is Go Daddy any good?

They're cheap, and generally OK... Although with shared hosting, it's often the luck of the draw: If your site ends up on a server with a bunch of websites that are massive resource hogs, it could affect your site as well.

Anyway, godaddy will go above and beyond to try to upsell you additional services at every turn, so consider what it is you actually need.

I've had my web + email with them for years, never had any issues. They do have several WYSIWYG web editors available, never used any of them though.

Yue(Posted 2015) [#8]
Host Byet free, and Wordpress, it's easy.

steve_ancell(Posted 2015) [#9]
I used 123-reg when I did this site for my nephew.

http://www.cwtrimming.co.uk/