[Solved] Need testers that have Win7 installed.

Community Forums/General Help/[Solved] Need testers that have Win7 installed.

Grisu(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hi all!

Sorry to bother you, but I got a bug report for my Pocket Radio Player that I can't reproduce on my Win8.1 system. :(

Could you please test the following version?
[EDIT] Fixed. (~14 MB, zip)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/okx9637s7aoiccs/prp_win.zip

Do you see a tiny spectrum analyser (2 moving bars) in the lower right corner of the window while running a station?

It only takes a minute to find out.

Grisu

Floyd(Posted 2015) [#2]
I tried several stations and always see the spectrum analyser. But only one bar moves, the rightmost one.
The bar to the left of that one always stays at the lowest level, looks like an underscore _

DXDiag says I have:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.141211-1742)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

RemiD(Posted 2015) [#3]
In case you don't know : fiverr.com/categories/programming-tech/user-testing-services/#layout=auto&page=1

BlitzSupport(Posted 2015) [#4]
Fine here, only one bar moves, as Floyd reports:

CGV(Posted 2015) [#5]
Same here. Just the rightmost bar moves.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.141211-1742)

Grisu(Posted 2015) [#6]
Thanks a lot everyone. That proves, it's a real issue. :(

It seems to be fmod related. - Under Win 8.1 the left and right channel just display fine. Same code.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2015) [#7]
Was going to test, will gladly try it out for you if you get to the bottom of it - it appears you've had plenty of feedback to confirm the issue.

steve_ancell(Posted 2015) [#8]
Seems to be working fine here on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, but you do realise the eject button should be the other way up! :D

xlsior(Posted 2015) [#9]
but you do realise the eject button should be the other way up! :D

Now you mention it -- yes, it does look wrong how it is now. :-?

https://www.google.com/search?q=eject+button

Grisu(Posted 2015) [#10]
Uploaded a new version with more stations, please retest this one. Download link #1 post.

Stations that offer stereo should show both bars (left + right channel)
Stations with one channel only should show one bar.

This version does the calculations and updates in one function that mostly uses local vars. - Slower, but I hope it works.

You can check out the bigger analyers via a right mousclick on the logo canvas.

P.S. Upon popular request I also changed the "back icon". ;)

steve_ancell(Posted 2015) [#11]
Still working fine my end.

Grisu(Posted 2015) [#12]
Thanks for trying out!
Funny, that it always seems to work on Windows 7 Ultimate.

Floyd(Posted 2015) [#13]
Works fine now.

I did find a mono station with only the left bar moving. It was KA Radio Scotland, playing "Who threw the whiskey in the well?" from 1945!

LineOf7s(Posted 2015) [#14]
All good now. Win7 Home Premium 64-bit.

BlitzSupport(Posted 2015) [#15]
Weirdly, I think some stations might actually be sending (or at least playing) one channel, which is then output to both speakers: the first one I tried in test #2 (whichever the Scotland station was) showed only the left side moving, but played in both speakers, while other stations do move both sides.

Panno(Posted 2015) [#16]
i see dead People and 2 moved bars.
fine.

Grisu(Posted 2015) [#17]
Thanks again. Problem is fixed!

For some stations it's normal that only one bar (channel) shows up. I didn't change the display (sync both bars i.e.) to identify lower quality audio streams more easily.

I'm going to upload my next relase with more fixes and updated stations when Mediafire starts working again. :(