How do I post my 3D Blitz project on my website

Community Forums/General Help/How do I post my 3D Blitz project on my website

En929(Posted 2015) [#1]
I'm JUST NOW getting around to learning 3D Blitz Basic and would like to know of some decent software that would allow me to embed my finished project into my website to play if it's possible. A little bit about me is yes, I know a bit about HTML/HTML5 coding, I have done projects in Monkey-X before, just not in 3D. So, does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks!

RemiD(Posted 2015) [#2]
Something like this ?
http://www.osakit.com/pages/games.php

xlsior(Posted 2015) [#3]
Short answer: You aren't.

Blitz3D is x86, Windows-only, while the web isn't.

A number of years ago there was a commercial windows-only plugin that enabled what you're looking for (can't remember the name), but due to increased browser security requirements it no longer works on modern webbrowsers, and the plugin was discontinued by the creator.

Of course you can give a download link to your game on your site and have the end user download it to his/her computer to play, but you can forget about running it straight in a browser window -- for that to work, your game should be compiled to a format that's compatible like HTML5 or Flash -- Blitz3D can't do that, but there are other languages like Monkey or Unity that can.

GfK(Posted 2015) [#4]
See what you've done, is choose the wrong tool to achieve what you want to do.

Much like buying a unicycle, then asking everyone how to make it fly. It just won't.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2015) [#5]
Ride a unicycle fast enough up a ramp, and it'll fly. Where theres a will....

steve_ancell(Posted 2015) [#6]
Trust me, get monkey, learn monkey, convert your project to monkey. That's what I did with Mutant Monty after doing it in Blitz and then deciding to shove it on GameJolt.

En929(Posted 2015) [#7]
Thanks for the responses. Monkey-X would have been my preferred toolset to do 3D game programming. The initial reason that I started out with Blitz 3D is because 1) I have no real experience doing 3D game programming yet 2) there seems to be so much more materials on Blitz 3D vs. what I've seen for Monkey-X with 3D so far. There are a number of youtube videos that thoroughly shows the in's and out's to Blitz 3D (with me also being a visual learner. I pick up I pretty much pick it up fast with those). Steve_ancell, I still do 2D games in Monkey-X, but I haven't gotten around to 3D yet.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2015) [#8]
Uhuh, but.. wasn't RemiD right, even though the link was dead, when he referred to OSA kit, which is supposingly running your exe over the web?

see thread here: LINK

Never tried it myself, so no experience, but probably some people around here did.

En929(Posted 2015) [#9]
Thanks a bunch for the link Remi and Rick

RemiD(Posted 2015) [#10]
On my computer it works well with the iron browser, with the chrome browser, with the firefox browser, with the safari browser, but it is too difficult to run with the internet explorer browser (because you have to modify the activex options and there are many warning messages which may frighten the visitor/user)

Rick Nasher(Posted 2015) [#11]
Ah the link is back on. Was on temporary offline I guess.

En929(Posted 2015) [#12]
Hey you all, thanks for the insight. I went to the Osakit website and played some of the games on there. I have no idea what language/toolsets those games were written in, but those games worked right out of the box and right off the bat when I clicked on them. It was awesome. So thus, that's what I needed. Gosh, so thus I can write my games in mostly any language and get them to work on my website using that kit??? Man, that's super awesome. I wonder why this software isn't highly publicized. I can just come back to Blitz and continue rocking and rolling from that. This seems like something very important in many ways!!

RemiD(Posted 2015) [#13]
The demo with the castle and the character which look like mario is a demo from Blitz3d. So i suppose it is compatible with Blitz3d...

En929(Posted 2015) [#14]
That's very cool RemiD. It seems like I'm making a full circle now. I started out with Blitz, then FreeBasic, then to Javascript, then Java, and now it looks like with what's above, I might be coming back to Blitz LOL. What an adventure I've had.