I want to buy a tablet.

Community Forums/General Help/I want to buy a tablet.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hello, I would like to tell me if this tablet is good, it's the cheapest in the market and as such have never had a serious think who will be easy. Is this a good tablet ?, I could run 2D and 3D.¨ games?

I want simply to try things with the engine unity.

I appreciate the help.

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.co/MCO-413143034-tablet-celular-smartphone-sim-card-cpu-dual-core-2-cam-wifi-_JM

xlsior(Posted 2014) [#2]
Hard to say -- I've never heard of Bleytec, it seems to be a name used for marketing certain chinese tablets in Colombia.

I realize that money is a problem, but normally "it's the cheapest in the market" also means that they cut a lot of corners to get the price down, and often they go to far.

Specifications for memory and storage are definitely on the low end, and the A23 processor is mostly engineered for low power use rather than fast speeds. given that, 3D video speeds probably won't be very fast either...
On the positive, at least it has Android 4.x installed on it.

But its hard to give a real recommendation one way or another, since none of us here will be familiar with what's available and pricing where you live. :-?

Are there better tablets? Yes, definitely.
Is this "good enough"? I really don't know. Maybe.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#3]
All recommend me this, and it seems if being good, however is beyond my budget and would have to save at least another 15 months.

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.co/MCO-413552338-tablet-celular-simcard-lenovo-a7-quadcore-bluetooth-2cam-wif-_JM

The Titan tablet, are also made in China?

xlsior(Posted 2014) [#4]
Do you have wifi were you live, or do you actually need the SIM cellular access to get any network access?

If you don't need the cellular connection, there's probably much cheaper models.

(If I remember correctly you do have a cellphone -- I don't know what kind of contract you have and what kind of functionality the phone supports, but many of the smartphones come with a built-in 'hotspot' feature where you can share your mobile data connection with other devices wirelessly. If your phone supports it and after making sure that your provider doesn't charge you extra for it, you may be able to activate the phone's hotspot and have a wifi tablet share the phone's data connection)

(for comparison, here in the US some cellphone companies allow you to use hotspot functionality for free, some charge a one-time activation fee, and other charge a monthly fee to use it)

Yue(Posted 2014) [#5]
Now I'll show you what I bought, a recognized warehouse in Colombia called Alkosto.

According to them I went for half price. 50% of discount.

According to them these cell tablet is back for damages, including the repair in the guarantee, and will restock a new computer user to buy the new tablet, the tablet cell Fixer Upper is then sold at half price.

The question is, this is a tablet is it good?.
http://www.alkosto.com/tablet-pcsmart-slim-3g-8-negro

According To the seller says you can expand memory to 100 gigabytes ..

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#6]
It depends on what you want to do with it...
2gb of RAM is too small for some apps/games.

Why don't you buy a tablet on amazon.com ? They don't ship to your country ?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=596202

xlsior(Posted 2014) [#7]
2gb of RAM is too small for some apps/games.

2GB is about as much as you are going to find -- Heck, the new Apple ipad Air 2 is the only ipad model that has more than 1GB RAM.

Anyway, Yue: It's really hard to give a good recommendation, since the brand names that you're seeing in Colombia are very different than the ones for sale in North america and Europe, so it's doubtful that any of us will have first hand experience with the devices that you can see. A lot of times the specifications look OK, but you won't know for sure how well it actually works and how reliable it is until you've used one. I'd recommend you try looking up some online reviews on Colombian websites -- it's small things that can really make a device either great or horrible -- for example: bad battery life or really bad touchscreen accuracy can ruin an otherwise pretty good device.

GfK(Posted 2014) [#8]
Lenovo are OK. Bleytec? No clue. Every review I can find is in Spanish or foreign or something, so you should probably google some, as you'll understand them more than I do. That said, I'd expect it to be completely useless at anything above basic email/internet function.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#9]
Now buy this, I get the lenovo very expensive and this came out much cheaper.
Someone buy first the back for warranty, and I sold it for half price.

I think I can not expect more