Inno Setup Query

Community Forums/General Help/Inno Setup Query

Blitzplotter(Posted 2014) [#1]
Has anyone used the InnosSetup installation scripting tool. Using the Innosetup script installer, I'd like to install to the current logged in users My Docs folder - however it appears I only am able to resolve the administrators documents folder. Is there a way to access a users My Docs folder - or is this simply bad practice?

I was hoping to setup a directory within the users log in (for easy access) to allow them to deposit files for a program to import said files - without having the user resort to the C:\ProgramData\ folder which is hidden from view within Internet Explorer.

{commondocs} resolves to C:\Users\Public\Documents

{userdocs} can on occasion resolve to C:\Admin\Documents

Is there an argument for the current logged in users My Documents folder?

Derron(Posted 2014) [#2]
http://www.jrsoftware.org/ishelp/index.php?topic=consts
{userdocs} & {commondocs}
The path to the My Documents folder.

Seems you are already using the correct name.

bye
Ron

Blitzplotter(Posted 2014) [#3]
@Derron, yep - it would appear I might have to do something at the application level to work around the installer defaulting to the Administrator's document directory as opposed to the User's Docs directory, if an Admin account exists on the system.

Thankyou for the confirmation.

[EDIT]

This might help though....

{username}

The name of the user who is running Setup or Uninstall program (as returned by the GetUserName function).

Jeez, UAC is a ball ache. When Admin priveleges are requested by Windows, the username is changed to Administrator, as opposed to what is logged on.

Got the issue resolved in the headache part of the app, just the front end to modify to accomodate it. ;)