Why does Gadgets like clock disappear?

Community Forums/General Help/Why does Gadgets like clock disappear?

Hotshot2005(Posted 2014) [#1]
I got Kaspersky on my computer. I dont know what cause my Gadget of clock and clanders to disppear.

When I click right button mouse for gadget to get the clock and clanders back on desktop but I couldnt....

I dont really know what cause the problem. It is JAVA files that could cause it?

xlsior(Posted 2014) [#2]
I've seen gadgets disappear completely, partially, or get grapohically corrupted on a win7 machine under the following circumstances:

1) you are running IE 11 or higher
2) You have a custom DPI set up (under display settings, screen resolution, make text and other items larger or smaller)

If you choose to make things bigger, anything beyond either 113% or 119% (don't remember which) will break a lot of gadgets, and make the clock disappear completely. Either turn of the scaling completely or pick a smaller value, and the gadgets may return...

HAd the same thing happen on my dad's PC, and took a long time to figure out what the problem was. :-?

(After fixing it, it turned out he had ~40 clocks running on his machine. Since they were invisible, he kept trying to activate one but didn't see anything happen)