VMWare Fusion

Community Forums/General Help/VMWare Fusion

AdamStrange(Posted 2014) [#1]
I'm just setting up a windows 7 VM so I can test compile on windows.

Is there anything I need to know, or need to have?

Not used blitz on windows before :/

GfK(Posted 2014) [#2]
You'll probably need MinGW. All I can say on that subject is "good luck".

AdamStrange(Posted 2014) [#3]
Thanks for that.
What is MinGW?

GfK(Posted 2014) [#4]
You'll need it if you want to rebuild modules (which you generally will, if you use any non-BRL modules). Have a read here.

There are numerous variations of MinGW and getting it running normally involves a certain degree of faffing about, swearing, and throwing random things around the room when the outcome after following the instructions to the letter and the outcome still defies all logic.

AdamStrange(Posted 2014) [#5]
OK no problems.

But... &^%£(%^&%*$( problems with Windows7 and even simple file transfer - Piece of crap
<Rant mode=engaged>
NOT HAPPY
I don't think i'm even going to attempt to diagnose the problems - I ditched MS for a good reason, now I remember why.

So definitely no change of windows compile and cross platform app - nada, not going to happen, never, stuf it, up yours, too bad, i'm off
</Rant Mode=finished>

xlsior(Posted 2014) [#6]
But... &^%£(%^&%*$( problems with Windows7 and even simple file transfer - Piece of crap
<Rant mode=engaged>

File sharing is blocked by default through the built-in Windows firewall.

Henri(Posted 2014) [#7]
As far as I can see Ziggy's guide is only for 'official Blitz MinGW' which is Nuwen
distribution 7.2 or close to that (no longer available). If you want to install different
MinGW distribution there are 2 options:

1. Copy ld.exe & ar.exe + lib-files from MinGW folder to BlitzMax bin & lib folder.

or

2. Use Brucey's bmk NG

-Henri

xlsior(Posted 2014) [#8]
2. Use Brucey's bmk NG

...Which coincidentally can compile windows .exe's on MacOS as well, no windows required.

AdamStrange(Posted 2014) [#9]
brucey's bmk NG

where is this available ? :)

Henri(Posted 2014) [#10]
It's stickied on Brucey's modules section.

-Henri