BlitzPlus via IDEal issue.

Community Forums/General Help/BlitzPlus via IDEal issue.

EliteKen(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hey guys,

I am able to use Blitz3D via Ideal fine, but when I try it with BlitzPlus it says "Invalid Keywords file for this compiler!"

...I have tried re-installing BlitzPlus fresh, and it's still the same error.

..any ideas on how to solve this issue?

Floyd(Posted 2014) [#2]
It's probably still using Blitz3D.

In the menu Settings...Preferences...Compilers you can specify the compiler(s) and which one is the default.

EliteKen(Posted 2014) [#3]
Blitz3D is...but it does the same thing even when I don't have Blitz3D added into it.

Yasha(Posted 2014) [#4]
I've had this issue before but can't remember how it was resolved, sadly.

But it's probably IDEal you should uninstall/scrub/reinstall - I think this problem means one of its config files is broken, not something on BlitzPlus's side (BlitzPlus doesn't have a "keywords file" - it regenerates bindings from the .decls in your userlibs folder on startup).

LittleDave(Posted 2014) [#5]
IDEAL only works sweet in XP i think.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2014) [#6]
IDEAL works sweet as a nut for Blitz3D in W7 - the workspace files are invaluable! Sorry, I can't answer on the BlitzPlus within IDEAL query.

Yasha(Posted 2014) [#7]
Actually now that I think of it, IDEal is naughty and writes config data out to its installation directory at runtime. You might have better results on modern Windows by installing it to somewhere other than Program Files, running it as Admin, in compatibility mode, or all three (however this stuff works).

I have it working fine on Windows 8.1, at any rate. It needed compatibility mode for Windows XP and always asks if I want to allow it to modify my system on program start, but it works.