extract tracker mod files?

Community Forums/General Help/extract tracker mod files?

AdamStrange(Posted 2014) [#1]
is there any code that allows blitzmax to extract the information from mod files?

I can load and use amiga .8svx files with no problem, just wondered if there was any way to hook them up together to make a mod player?

Brucey(Posted 2014) [#2]
Bass, fmod and irrklang can play mods, but they don't show you how :-p

Pakz(Posted 2014) [#3]
You could look up the file format description. There the locations for the modinfo can be found. I once read out the info for xm files. It is uncompressed. It is not that hard to do.

xlsior(Posted 2014) [#4]
Maxmod2 will also play most module formats, although it can be tricky to get to work with some of the recent MinGW versions

AdamStrange(Posted 2014) [#5]
I'll have a look at maxmod2 and report back my findings :)

AdamStrange(Posted 2014) [#6]
I notice that the .mod format is quite simple, but there are a number of other formats.

What 'other' format would be good to access?

xlsior(Posted 2014) [#7]
Depends on what you're hopping to accomplish.

.mod, .s3m, .it and .med have all have been popular in the past (with .mod the most commonly seen), but at this point in time they're pretty much all archaic...

AdamStrange(Posted 2014) [#8]
ok, update on this.

not bothering to support mod files (as it's all archaic <grin>)

Been on an .8svx hunt and managed to source the full soundtracked libraries plus a few more.

Spent last few days working with the format and double checking everything. Apart from a few odd files, it all works and I can now access all .8svx files, both true iff versions and raw versions.

They are loaded and reconverted for 8bit into 16bit. To prevent aliasing I've also used code to make them sound much better than the pure 8bit file.

Here is a pic of Wave loading them :)