Hey, what the hell is Jitter?

Community Forums/General Help/Hey, what the hell is Jitter?

Yue(Posted 2014) [#1]
I am using lotus particle system, this does not bring documentation to After my not serve me because I do not speak English and the only way to learn is trial and error.

So I've run into a few commands where Jitter, SetEmitterVelocityJitter appear, what is Jitter, the translator did not translate.

Greetings.

xlsior(Posted 2014) [#2]
Jitter is an irregular movement or variation / unsteadiness, slight randomness.

Literally it means something like restlessness, nervousness, tension.

Derron(Posted 2014) [#3]
small "shaking" movements.

Something you do when running naked through the snow.

bye
Ron

dawlane(Posted 2014) [#4]
So I've run into a few commands where Jitter, SetEmitterVelocityJitter appear, what is Jitter, the translator did not translate.
Web based translation tools are never accurate. Some words in English can have more than one meaning and there are words that sound the same, but also have different meanings. There are also words that are completely different that can have the similar meanings. Like wise some non English words can not be translated easily into English.

Maybe the best way is to translate the dictionary definition of a word.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#5]
Excellent, I understand, I appreciate your patience and help. It's like when you're nervous and shaking, or is very cold, in which case the jitter causes the particle emitter has a slight sideways movement as if suffering from very cold. =)

Yue(Posted 2014) [#6]
oops! What is DEFLECTOR??

dynaman(Posted 2014) [#7]
A deflector is something that deflects (causes things to change direction, like a shield).

Not a common word in English, normally a different word is used instead. Usually used in Star Trek to describe their force fields. A real world "deflector" would be mud flaps on a car - placed behind the rear wheels to keep the dirt and mud from spraying onto the cars behind.

The fenders on bike tires are the same, so the dirt is not sprayed up on the rider. Never directly called a deflector but that is what they are.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#8]
hmm, I already understand, if I create a shield in an issuer could be a cube that diverts the particles. :) Thank you.