The opportunity robot on Mars

Community Forums/General Help/The opportunity robot on Mars

Yue(Posted 2014) [#1]

What I understand is that the robot is going very slowly, he spoke of his speed on the field of Mars, in this case for my project, it would be necessary to put it so slowly or run a little faster not to bore the juador.

Any suggestions, regarding the gameplay.

AdamStrange(Posted 2014) [#2]
ignoring gameplay. heres some pics of the rover on mars. compare to your pic :)

Derron(Posted 2014) [#3]
@Adam:
Sure that the first and the last picture are real ones ? Has odd stone "clipping" - and of course it seems they had a photographer on the Mars :D.

@Yue and body texture:
Looks kind of a 90s texture (Doom2) ... I know you work on multiple parts of your project, but the model needs some improvements (normal/bump/... -maps or more details in the 3d-model).

bye
Ron

Yue(Posted 2014) [#4]
Come on man, it's just a game and at no time intended to be an exact simulator. In that case you would have put the first model I had thought for the project.

The idea is not just like it also opened the concern of this post is if you start to move at the same speed from the original on Mars, it would be very boring.

In this case it is true to do a bit of everything in a project, it is very tedious and can not achieve the expected goals.

In this case it is more likely that if I get into details never end the game. That's the downside of not working in a development team.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#5]

Derron(Posted 2014) [#6]
You should not feel offended by the critics we post here. We just say what we think about the posted content.

Would you prefer all of us praying "wow looks great, can't await to see the finished product"?

I think the users following your project - see that you are progressing. Slowly but steady is a good procedere.

Some of the screenshots show an orange sky .. think if you add a "sky" it will improve overall look again. The last screenshot you gave shows the "good looking" side of the model .. they look better than the one I blamed.

bye
Ron

Yue(Posted 2014) [#7]
Do not get me wrong not interpetres friend Derron, I likewise expose what I think, but I'm not ofendindo, likewise appreciate your comments and I always have something new to learn from others, especially when I'm an amateur in play games of this video.

A greeting.

Edit: In that case I am aware that it can improve many things but I have to do a bit of everything and it is very difficult.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#8]
Dunno if you know this already or that it is in any way useable, but for a Mars map that perhaps can be converted to a grayscale heightmap?(ought to give nice craters)
https://www.google.com/mars/

Also this video of Google Earth>Mars is very cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQp8Ph1wGng

AdamStrange(Posted 2014) [#9]
3d modelling is not a simple task, for games you want a low triangle count.

if you are modelling a real object, then the model should be generally accurate. Your bottom cube is too large, the legs to the wheels are not correct.

The texturing is used to cover up a lot of these errors. look at the pics of the wheels and adjust your textures to match. similarly the solar panels have s silver edge. there is a lot of little detail to add to the textures to give it more feeling.

Your martian surface - give the sky a fade as in the pics. the surface is not smooth but rough with rocks to give it depth.

Also adjust your shadow, make it darker :)

congrats on what you have achieved, but you just need to spend a little more time...