BlitzBasic Games Embedded Online

Community Forums/General Help/BlitzBasic Games Embedded Online

En929(Posted 2014) [#1]
I’ve been away making my games in Java/JavaScript, but now I might be coming back to BlitzBasic to refine more in 3D game programming (I still do Java, but I want to do Blitz too). My favorite thing to make is web games and I was wondering has anybody seen a game made in BlitzBasic that was embedded onto a website so that it can be played online without downloading it to the hard drive? Is that possible?

Yue(Posted 2014) [#2]
No work Web. Only Exe.

Edit: Monkey Yes work on Web

En929(Posted 2014) [#3]
I'm still confused about the Monkey Programming Language. I have heard a lot about it, but still do know what it is. Is it a language something like BlitzBasic? Is it the same syntax and everything?

ziggy(Posted 2014) [#4]
It's based on BlitzBasic but with a lot of improvements that are very close to regular Java or C#. It's designed for x platform games including HTML5 and Flash and also Android,iOs, XNA, PSP, Desktop, etc.

xlsior(Posted 2014) [#5]
I'm still confused about the Monkey Programming Language. I have heard a lot about it, but still do know what it is. Is it a language something like BlitzBasic? Is it the same syntax and everything?

It's kind of like Blitz, except it's more objectg oriented and less procedural.

blitzmax actually has more commands (especially with all the 3rd party modules available), but Monkeys strength is that it can output to a LOT of different platforms, including Flash and HTML5 so you can run your game straight in a webbrowser on any computer.

For desktop games Blitzmax is probably easier, but if you want to target mobile or cross-platform in general Monkey may be worth looking at.

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#6]

I was wondering has anybody seen a game made in BlitzBasic that was embedded onto a website so that it can be played online without downloading it to the hard drive? Is that possible?

http://www.osakit.com/

Yue(Posted 2014) [#7]
oO?? RemiD, thanks You for infomation powerfull. I am happy, for my proyect ISON. I love You !!XD

Sample Blitz3D Castle.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#8]
My first test, work in your pc??

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39767349/ISONON/Inicio/Inicio.html

big10p(Posted 2014) [#9]
My first test, work in your pc??
It's asking me to download and install OSA kit player, which I'm not going to do. Also, bear in mind OSA kit only works on Windows PCs. These day, peaople are using a variety of OSs.

GfK(Posted 2014) [#10]
I'd leave this, if I were you. Nobody outside of this site is going to know what OSA Kit Player even is.

If you want to make web games, get a tool that's better suited to the job, like Monkey-X.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#11]
I understand the point of view of you, the end of the day people download plugins in their browsers either to one or the other, I think in some ways the decision is the end user, if you decide to use or not use those plugins. But for users who are not programmers Blitz3D is a dont really striking option.

A greeting.

En929(Posted 2014) [#12]
Thanks everybody for the responses and thanks for the links. I'm interested in trying out this new Monkey programming language. It sounds like something interesting and worth pursuing (and something worth learning next to Java, JavaScript, etc. and other tool sets that I use). I have a crazy question: Does the Monkey language do 3D games?
Does anybody know of any good video tutorials that can show me how to make 3D games in this tool set? I'm looking but can't find any at the moment. Thanks!

En929(Posted 2014) [#13]
Is there a Monkey Game programming version that uses Java syntax? I thought I heard that something like this exists, but I could be wrong. Thanks again.

big10p(Posted 2014) [#14]
Is there a Monkey Game programming version that uses Java syntax? I thought I heard that something like this exists, but I could be wrong. Thanks again.
You may be getting confused with jME (Java Monkey Engine), which is a 3D engine for Java, and is totally unrelated to BRL's Monkey language.

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#15]
Is there one example of a 3d game made with monkey and playable in a browser ?

Thanks,

Yue(Posted 2014) [#16]
Sample: 2D

here not plugins.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39767349/Monkey/html5/Index.html

looking at examples to see if I see something in 3D

Edit: The examples do not bring anything in 3D, but in theory if you could make.