Huds resources, where?

Community Forums/General Help/Huds resources, where?

Yue(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hello, I'm looking if there is a web site that offers video game huds for me, because in the design 2d'm really bad and I have just done this.

Imperium(Posted 2014) [#2]
What do you need exactly? If I'm bored one day I could whip up something for you. Tell me the targeted resolution and maybe some examples of HUD designs that you like.

big10p(Posted 2014) [#3]
I doubt you'll find many HUD resources as they're usually made for a specific game, rather than being generic.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#4]
The idea is to make two indicators, one for damages and other solar Energia.

In my oroginal idea of ​​trying to put the image above multiple frames into animated display showing the health status of the robot, in which case a tire Averie, the indicator should flash between red and black rim averidada alucivo to that, both in than on solar panels.

The display screen Energia Solar, would be a simple bar that according to state health panels, store the Energia.

That would be all and the design would be more accommodated to the project.

I'm working with a 512 x 512 image which are tucked in all frameworks for that animation.

A greeting.

ikewise if I want to collaborate design is completely open to ideas that are sure better than mine both improvements and construction.

Derron(Posted 2014) [#5]
If you want to show "damaged areas" you should make them single images.

For each part you have to draw 2 images: OK and DAMAGED (or use the same image but "colorized" with SetColor 255,0,0 or SetColor 0,255,0).

After all you just draw all parts on the same x,y - so they result in a image similar to the one you posted.

For Engery:
Have an image displaying ALL parts - but do it grayscale.
Now you just draw the image (drawsubimagerect) from the top to the bottom - height is depending on energy.
Play with Blendmodes (shadeblend, lightblend ...).

Hope you got the idea, good luck.

bye
Ron

Yue(Posted 2014) [#6]
I'm just asking God, that our friend NostalgicAlgorithms him from a terrible state of boredom if I have help xD.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#7]
Hud energy :D

Derron(Posted 2014) [#8]
My suggestion used your idea to save space... so "damage" + "energy" are drawn in one "image".

Your battery is something which should be layered too (hull + cells) so you can color "empty" cells different.

bye
Ron

Yue(Posted 2014) [#9]
full energy.

Low energy.

I do now see how the health of the vehicle.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2014) [#10]
I think that energy cell looks great!

AdamStrange(Posted 2014) [#11]
remove the used cells totally would be better. that way you could see at a glance how many cells are left :)