Is 5 amp ok for PSP Vita?

Community Forums/General Help/Is 5 amp ok for PSP Vita?

Hotshot2005(Posted 2013) [#1]
The reason why I ask is because my 3 Amp gone flatted and need replacing but I dont have 3 Amp to replace...

I only got 5 Amp

so it is ok?

GfK(Posted 2013) [#2]
"3 amp gone flatted"?

Don't know what you mean.

If you're on about fuses, by putting a 5A where a 3A should go, your PS Vita will fry itself if anything goes wrong, because the fuse probably won't blow to protect it,

Hotshot2005(Posted 2013) [#3]
yes, the 3 amp of fuses is gone......

I need get 3 amp tomorrow

thanks for help GFK :)

Hotshot2005(Posted 2013) [#4]
I found spare plug that got 3A with 240 volts

That should be ok to charged PSP Vita? :-)

GfK(Posted 2013) [#5]
Forget the volts. Everything in the UK operates on 230/240V AC.

Any 3A fuse will be fine. However, if your previous 3A fuse has blown, its quite likely that a replacement will blow, too, as the device it is protecting almost certainly has a fault. Fuses are simple devices and they don't normally fail for no reason.

Oh, and just to be clear - don't be tempted to just put in a 5 or 13A fuse if the new 3A does blow. At best you'll finish off your Vita.

Hotshot2005(Posted 2013) [#6]
thanks GFK :)

Now it is Working and charging the PSP Vita up! :-D

(tu) ENAY(Posted 2013) [#7]
Is that a Sony PSP, or Sony Vita?
Or a hybrid?

Hotshot2005(Posted 2013) [#8]
Sony Vita :)

Excellent Pieces of kits :)

GaryV(Posted 2013) [#9]
Egads, they still use fuses over there?

Hotshot2005(Posted 2014) [#10]
Now I bought vertical Desktop pc stand which had 1GHZ machine with 512MB Ram and it was working before but the 10amp fuse of the computer doesnt seem to work due wired been torn which is my fault for not being careful! So I have 5amp plug to fit in the power plug and is that ok?

GfK(Posted 2014) [#11]
Generally for a PC you want a 5A fuse.

If you have a damaged mains cable, replace the whole cable. The current between the plug and the PSU is AC (the PSU outputs DC). If you get a shock off an AC source, the best you can hope for is a trip to hospital and a new hair style.

Hotshot2005(Posted 2014) [#12]
LOL :)

Thanks and computer work :)