Help with test server.

Community Forums/General Help/Help with test server.

Yue(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hello, deepening knowledge of home servers, I would ask a favor and find out if my pc is seen in the network, which I am configuring as a home server.

http://www.gratishost.tk

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2013) [#2]
no server there, says boat on android, tried 3 times.

Yue(Posted 2013) [#3]
oops, ip it's 192.168.0.10

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2013) [#4]
you're kidden me do you? that's a lan address, isn't it?

Yue(Posted 2013) [#5]
mmmmmmmmmmmmm, ipconfig 192.168.0.10

Web online: http://181.54.160.216/ i confused.

Yue(Posted 2013) [#6]
ok, router ubber closed, telmex no open ports.

xlsior(Posted 2013) [#7]
ipconfig 192.168.0.10

That's a local area network -- it can ONLY be reached from other computers behind the same router, NOT from anyone on the internet.

192.168.x.x
10.x.x.x.x
172.16.x.x through 172.31.x.x

are LAN addresses -- you use those on private networks, within companies, etc. If you have a server with such an address, noone outside your own network will be able to reach it.

To see what your routable IP address is, you can look at a website like http://www.whatismyip.com , which will tell you what your remote address is. If you have your own router, you can normally set up a service / port forwarding to map the remote address to your own 182.168.0.10 address and forward the request.

HOWEVER:
- If you don't have your own router, then it's likely that you're behind your internet service provider's router/firewall, and don't have access to make the changes
- If you DO have a router and have access to set up a port forward, be aware -- most internet service providers have terms of service that forbid you from running your own servers, and they may cut off your service if they see that you're running your own webserver or something. Don't just assume it's OK, check their rules & policies first.

Yue(Posted 2013) [#8]
ok thanks for you information, mi ip true it's 189.54.168.116
And I can not access the router at 192.168.0.1 Peurta link to open the ports, that makes me the Service Provider and do not allow to create services for servers. Now my question is if I wanted to mount a server eg gta online possible?, Or official only in local network?

I have always something to learn and thanks for your help.

xlsior(Posted 2013) [#9]
If you can't set up port forwards, services or a DMZ in your router, then you can't run any servers -- the router will see an unsolicited incoming request, and simply ignore it.

Most routers work using NAT (Network Address Translation), where your PC has a 'local' IP like the 192.168.x.x you saw yourself. But unless you can set up the service/port forward or DMZ, when the router sees an unsolicited incoming request it has no idea what device on your local network it is intended for, and will simply drop the request.

When you're browsing the internet yourself, all the incoming data is in a direct response to a request from your computer, and the router will let it through and hand it over to your PC... But it has no idea what device un-requested data should be sent to unless you configure the router to tell it what to do with that ahead of time.

big10p(Posted 2013) [#10]
Also, your external IP will almost certainly be dynamically (i.e. randomly) assigned to you by your ISP, so you'll get a different IP every time you reset your router, there's a power cut, the firmware is remotely updated (if you have that), etc.

Yue(Posted 2013) [#11]
The truth is I am very confusing to me but you learn more everyday. With the web that gave me XLSIOR, I confirmed that the actual IP is 181.54.160.216 and my ipconfig shows the following.

IP 192.168.0.10
Gateway 192.168.0.1

At the gateway to the router ubber entered, however I can not control or change its parameters because that makes me the Service Provider and they do not open the ports unless you change to another service plan 50 megs which is something business and costs 300 dollars per month.

But the good thing is that you learn something new every day.

A greeting.

Edit: the IP is static