Voice Editing Software

Community Forums/General Help/Voice Editing Software

Gabriel(Posted 2013) [#1]
I'm looking to upgrade to something a bit more potent than Audacity but not sure where to go. It's predominantly for voice editing. So normalizing is vital, and a simple way to remove pops and clicks would also be very useful. Batch processing would be a bonus, but is not absolutely essential. I've been looking at SoundForge vs SoundForge Pro (where the only significant difference for me seems to be batch processing which probably isn't worth the extra cash). But then there's Adobe Audition and probably some other options too. So I thought I'd pick the brains of people more knowledgeable than me on these things.

_PJ_(Posted 2013) [#2]
A very much preferred (by me at least) and low-cost but highly sophisticated and versatile audio editor is "GoldWave"

http://www.goldwave.com

It's still under frequent updates and very well supported. Has a vast array of features, including Normalisation and removal of Pops/Clicks.

Gabriel(Posted 2013) [#3]
Goldwave is still around? Man, that's been around some years. It's very tempting at such a good price and with batch processing included. I'll try the demo, Thanks for the suggestion.

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2013) [#4]
Audacity (open source freeware)
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
it's capable of more than it's given credit for..

xlsior(Posted 2013) [#5]
GWS: the initial posts starts with "I'm looking to upgrade a bit more potent than Audacity..."

GaryV(Posted 2013) [#6]
Another vote for GoldWave. I routinely use it for studio use, and have for many years. I love it.

*playfully whacks Wicker in the noggin* Read the OP. :c)

xlsior(Posted 2013) [#7]
GWS: Re-read the first line, he's he's currently using audacity and looking for something more powerful.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2013) [#8]
I am using Magix Video Editor that is capable of noise removal using a reference noise samples, has fluid block editing, but it's a lil big just for some simple tasks and has a limited number of export formats. I use Reaper since it comes with a bunch of vst fx plugins, including several parametric EQs. Reaper is for free/nonlimited trialware.. I also use Goldwave to cut and normalize audio. I also got something named Wavepad for simple tasks.