windows 8 tablet

Community Forums/General Help/windows 8 tablet

Malachi(Posted 2013) [#1]
I have a Asus vivo smart 400 mc tablet running windows 8 (not RT).
It has a Power VR SGX545 graphic card.
And a Intels Z2760 Atom processor.
When I run a Blitz program the message I always get a message "mouse:CreateDEviceEx failed".
Is there any hope for me to work with the tablet with Blitz3d?

D4NM4N(Posted 2013) [#2]
Out of interest wht happens when you plug in a usb mouse or Bluetooth mouse.?
I know that b3d does NOT work without a mouse (or "mouse compatible" device like a trackpad). ... which is kind of insane, but it is possible that your tablet screen has a special driver that is not "standard mouse" compatible..

i had this problem when doing a project using embedded XP pcs a while back. We had to solve it by making an uber-cheap-pseudo-mouse usb dongle :/

GfK(Posted 2013) [#3]
In Blitz3D's defence, in terms of software and hardware development it is absolutely ancient at 12 years old. Tablet PCs and smartphones didn't even exist when Blitz3D first appeared, so I'm amazed that it works at all (assuming you can find a mouse that'll work with your tablet).

It just wasn't designed for the platform and there are many better options available (Monkey, Unity, GLBasic, Haxe...)

D4NM4N(Posted 2013) [#4]
^true.
Although i never did get why it -had- to have a mouse attached :/

PS: All windows tablets will(or at least should) support a usb/bt mouse, especially intel ones. My RT surface works with a usb one. (and android 2.3+ afaik, (3.0+ definetly) tablets / phones support a bluetooth mouse & keybd, not sure about usb tho... which is a bit of a dumb factoid because b3d sure as hell will not run on android.... but there we go... i got carried away... blame bank holiday beer : )

Malachi(Posted 2013) [#5]
D4NM4N ,Gfk thanks for your advice I start with buying an blue-Tooth mouse and see if it will works,
A normal mouse didn't work maybe with an OTG cable .

Malachi

RemiD(Posted 2013) [#6]
Maybe there is a way to convert the movement and the click of the finger on the screen of a tablet to a mouse output by using an converter ?

Malachi(Posted 2013) [#7]
Hello Guyz, today I bought an OTG micro to female usb and connect
a mouse on it.
Everything works well and no messages anymore from Blitz.

Thanks for your help Malachi

_PJ_(Posted 2013) [#8]
I guess because Blitz ahs built in support for Mice/Controller input that somewhere there's no check for "If (MouseNOTTRACKPADPluggedIn=FALSE)"
kinda thing leading to the attempt to poll a mouse that doesn't exist.

GfK(Posted 2013) [#9]
Probably because 12 years ago, a PC with no mouse wasn't going to be doing an awful lot anyway.