BLIde feature request

Community Forums/General Help/BLIde feature request

TaskMaster(Posted 2013) [#1]
ziggy,

I want to request a feature of the advanced module builder. When I select a mod to compile it goes down the list and starts compiling the mods. But when one mod relies on another that has not been compiled yet, it errors out and skips it.

Could it be made to then go and attempt to compile the dependency one instead of skipping it?

The reason I ask, is that it takes about 5 passes to compile all of Brucey's wxMax. It also takes 3 passes to compile my ifsoGUI, though that isn't really a big deal, as there are not many modules in it. But the wxMax has a bunch and each pass can take 30 minutes or more.

Thanks.

GfK(Posted 2013) [#2]
+1 for this.

Derron(Posted 2013) [#3]
May I ask why this "General Help"-section of the blitzmax board is now used as contact form for a 3rd-party tool?

bye
Ron

ps: sorry if that sounds a bit harsh but this thread just has a taste of "if other blitzmax users second my request it gets better chances of integration".

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2013) [#4]
May I ask why this "General Help"-section of the blitzmax board is now used as contact form for a 3rd-party tool?

May I ask why he didn't contact the maintainer of BLIde directly? http://www.blide.org/?page_id=10
ps: sorry if that sounds a bit harsh but this thread just has a taste of "if other blitzmax users second my request it gets better chances of integration".

+1

Would be nice if BRL would add an entirely new section to the forums. (eg: "3rd Party")

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#5]
Don't know exactly how to do this, but maybe a good way whould be to process the list in an iterative form until it reaches zero pending modules, or the acmount of pending modules is the same as the previous iteration. That should solve it, but I'm not sure how this would make it any faster... ? (In fact, I don't think it could be done faster)

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#6]
It's usually a god idea to see if a feature request has some demand or not, in order to decide wheter it has to be considered a low or high priority on the development of the tool.
They can contact me by email if they want. but I see no harm in discussing whatever here, as long as BRL is ok with us doing it, so other BlitMax + BLIde users can be informed and express their point of view and ideas.
In the case of this tool, it can't be used without BlitzMax, so it's a sort of BlitzMax extension.

Derron(Posted 2013) [#7]
If it has to be seen as a BM-extension it should be posted in the "BlitzMax general"-section of the board.
If there is enough interest one could consider adding a "3rd party"-section which may be the correct place for such threads.

But like said... it does not harm.

bye
Ron

TaskMaster(Posted 2013) [#8]
I will tell you exactly why I posted it here.

I went to the BLIde web site, to go to the forums and post this request. When I got to the forums page, all I found was a page that said the forums were closed due to spam, and if you had a question or feature request, to use the BlitzMax boards.

So, whether or not it is right for ziggy to request that, I am not debating. But, what I did do was post in the manner the author requested so I could get in touch with him.

Also, I believe there are enough BLIde users here, that discussing BLIde is acceptable.

Derron(Posted 2013) [#9]
(rant) I think there are enough people here who are having the same mother tongue like me - i should switch language here too. (/rant)

It is kind to do what the author asked you for - but I just blamed the method to show off "one example" of not so correct behaviour concerning the matters.
And the positive aspect is: the suggestion of a 3rd-party-section was provided.

bye
Ron

TaskMaster(Posted 2013) [#10]
I would welcome a third party section.

Anyway, ziggy, I noticed something else:

Pressing F6 to build and run the current program does not do the same thing as the toolbar button. The toolbar button doesn't actually run the program after building, even though the tool tip says it does.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#11]
@Taskmaster: Thank's I'll look to it for the next update.

I wanted to point out that I've asked BRL and they're ok about using the BlitzMax forums to ask BLIde-related topics, given that there are lots of BlitzMax + BLIde users here.

Derron(Posted 2013) [#12]
@ziggy:
maybe "they" better create a 3rd party-section: less cluttered and easier for you to find threads for "you" (especially if you get drafted to the monkey front).

bye
Ron