root tablet and overclock

Community Forums/General Help/root tablet and overclock

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2013) [#1]
Does anybody know how to root a android tablet so I can overclock the processor? I am running on galaxy tab 10.1 with Tegra 2 processor. Thanks!

Also, I prefer to root using Mac OS X because I have no access to a fairly good running windows machine ATM.

feeble1(Posted 2013) [#2]
Why would you want to?

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2013) [#3]
Why would you want to?

to increase device performance. Overclocking your processor allows you to squeeze out that extra bit of performance from your device for gaming or something else that is cpu intense.

xlsior(Posted 2013) [#4]
It also kills your battery life, runs the device hotter, and likely reduce the lifespan.

Overall overclocking is rarely worth it.

Derron(Posted 2013) [#5]
Just check the internet how to root your tablet - there will be dozens of guides how to achieve this (as long as it is possible).

Instead of overclocking I use it to decrease the clockings - so to lower battery consumption.
Increasing is - like xlsior said - increasing the thermal output for having ~15-20% more cpu power. Most apps you are running will prefer a better gpu than a cpu.

bye
Ron

Ian Thompson(Posted 2013) [#6]
There's a lot more things you can do with a root, total O.S. backups, pre-mounted network shares to name but a couple.

D4NM4N(Posted 2013) [#7]
Yeah root can be fun if you know that you are doing.. Get it wrong mind and you have a 500 dollar doorstop.
As for overclocking i do not see the point either. Just buy a good device from the start.