self employed next year.. hopefully :)

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/self employed next year.. hopefully :)

Defoc8(Posted 2012) [#1]
Will be spending the next few months creating content packs and
artwork for various purposes.. just thought i would see if there is any interest here.. :)

Last edited 2012

Last edited 2012

GaryV(Posted 2012) [#2]
Interesting assortment...

Last edited 2012

Defoc8(Posted 2012) [#3]
haha! well, interesting isn't so negative :)

GfK(Posted 2012) [#4]
I like the reindeer brain in the middle.

The other stuff is good also, but not normally the style I'd go for. I'd imagine quite a bit of demand though, depends how fast you can work and how pricey you are.

Get a portfolio and throw it up on indiegamer, see what happens.

Derron(Posted 2012) [#5]
Seems a bit "blurry" - maybe you should avoid using such "lasso-copy-pastes" for portfolio and instead use the "whole" image (the rectangle) of each piece.

The image you posted isnt really attracting me - not because of its content, but because of its layout and design (the image itself).

Also avoid mixing "3d modeller screens" and cutout-paint-work ... it looks kind of odd in this mixture.

What are the "orange thingies" ? Are they kind of symbols/icons-assets?
If so ... they are really missing the nifty details todays icons have. But maybe I just miss the spot you want to hit with them (aka "not my style")

PS: I like the "brain" too... (also the robot except its blurry outlines)

PPS: As said: if your price is right you should get people demanding your work.

bye
Ron

Defoc8(Posted 2012) [#6]
yeh.. the image is just to show the range of art that i might be doing.. its not supposed to represent good composition or act as an actual portfolio.. more to show my general skillset..

fuzzy edges, well, im not really concerned about that.. they are digital paintings, not renders.. and the style in general is relatively messy... but i get where your coming from..

i doubt very much that i will initially be doing contract work.. probably packs coders can use for testing.. and yes they will be quite cheap.

i will be testing the waters.. not just with game related art.. thanks for the comments :)

Blitzplotter(Posted 2012) [#7]
I like the robot on the right - the water based colouring effect looks pretty impressive.

Gabriel(Posted 2012) [#8]
My word, it's that lazy bum Defoc8. Long time no see. ;)

I really like the Robot, but Barack Obama took a real beating on the left there, didn't he? Make sure to check out the Unity Asset Store when you publish these packs, as I would imagine that's a good way to get some eyeballs on your products.

Last edited 2012