pixel pushing

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/pixel pushing

scribbla(Posted 2012) [#1]
finally managed to write my own map editor, no big issue for most of you guys i know.......but im a chuffed old man

back to 2D

Last edited 2012

Kryzon(Posted 2012) [#2]
Your graphics and layout look awesome. That's where being a chuffed old man comes in handy over the eager young learner.

Does the layering mean you have tileable graphics that are overlayed\backgrounded in relation to actors?

scribbla(Posted 2012) [#3]
yep , i wanted to have the player go behind scenery, into rooms behind trees and such like.

you can also set each layer to have its own scroll speed,
i also got Map Tags in their, 5 tags per Map(x,y,z)

you can have 2 modes `Edit` and `Preview`
`Preview Mode` allows you to add a sprite and a background image to the map, just so you can test what a sprite looks like against the map.
In Preview Mode you also get to see the fine scroll in action, `Edit` mode is like a normal Editor

Image shows Map Tags Panel in Edit mode, the Red & Blue squares show that a Map Zone holds Tag info

Amon(Posted 2012) [#4]
I would buy that. :)

scribbla(Posted 2012) [#5]
double post :/

Last edited 2012

scribbla(Posted 2012) [#6]
Amon ...man it needs more work , its not a full product yet (W.I.P)
i will zip a demo up later, for some feedback

needs:

select BLocks (thinking of how to do this)
Preview mode change to full game `Engine`mode

plus anything else i can think of

Last edited 2012

Last edited 2012

Last edited 2012

Neuro(Posted 2012) [#7]
This looks good, create a module for monkey and i'll buy that too :)!

scribbla(Posted 2012) [#8]
im really thinking about getting monkey, i use a bit of xna so monkey and xna sounds too good to be true, just reading up to see if monkey and xna networking can be used as extern

the map ed is written in blitzplus

Neuro(Posted 2012) [#9]
The XNA target works great on monkey - haven't tested it on the actual 360 yet but will soon. What kind of networking stuff you looking to do with XNA (out of curiosity)?

scribbla(Posted 2012) [#10]
im mainly the graphics department and a bit of blitz & xna

but i got my son looking into multiplayer stuff, hes got results , just need more understanding of how to package everything up, or a good tutorial

im pretty sure im going with monkey now i figured out a getpixel() xna method for color collisions which was a major issue