Sonja

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Sonja

Jur(Posted 2012) [#1]
A woman who knows how to deal with men.

This was the first time I recorded my drawing process...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbZETAwaXcM&context=C31b4db7ADOEgsToPDskIPzmV_TCEoKgMobQMbZ79R

Eh. I need to continue working on my game and stop foolling around...

GW(Posted 2012) [#2]
Nice!
Reminds me of John Buscema.

Leon Drake(Posted 2012) [#3]
now thats how you give a woman head.

Wiebo(Posted 2012) [#4]
I really like it... Like Buscema, yes. << one of my favourites.
I like your black and white version even better. :)

SLotman(Posted 2012) [#5]
I'm speechless :)

You should be working in the comic books industry :)

dawlane(Posted 2012) [#6]
Nice.
But what ever happened to good old fashioned pencil and paper?
I haven't done any real drawing or art work since I was at school (a long time ago) and now we have computers that can do this kind of thing. I can't use them as I have hand eye coordination problems when using a graphics tab, though I was considering getting a wacom Cintiq but I haven't got a job that pays any more. I'm now owed two weeks wages and my employers are keeping every one guessing as to what's happening, but I and many of my work colleagues will make that decision easier for them by the end of the week.

Kryzon(Posted 2012) [#7]
Wow, those are some clean lines, very good job.
You should post this on CGSociety (if you haven't already).

@Dawlane: that sucks man, good luck with that pickle.

dawlane(Posted 2012) [#8]
@kryzon: Thanks I'll need all the luck I can get. Some thing in the line of six winning lottery numbers for a start. It could have been worse, but luckily I saw it coming last April/May and saved a bit of cash just for the occasion. I did warn the others but they didn't listen and thought I was a crank. At least I can look on the bright side. I will finally have more time to complete many of my half finished projects and I will become an official government artist and learn to draw the dole.

@jur: What happened to the blood and gore? Shouldn't it be on the blade and dripping from the severed head?

Jur(Posted 2012) [#9]
@dawlane
After she cut his head and before she lifted it, she cleaned the blade, and during that time all the blood has gone out of the head :)

Leon Drake(Posted 2012) [#10]
his head isn't really cut off, it's just some swamp gas from venus obscuring the photons in the air to make it appear his head is removed.

Amanda Dearheart(Posted 2012) [#11]
@Jur,

I saw your YouTube video and was pretty impressed with your drawing!
I'm using GIMP to draw my comic creations and it doesn't have the features I observed on that YouTube site.

With what software are you using to draw your characters?

Kryzon(Posted 2012) [#12]
They're on the video description.

Jur(Posted 2012) [#13]
The best programs for digital drawing are in my opinion Paint Tool SAI and Manga Studio. I havent tried newer versions of PhotoShop and Painter so they may be good too, but of course they are more expensive. For painted stuff a good choice is ArtRage.

Armitage 1982(Posted 2012) [#14]
I'm not generally a big fan of that Technic for drawing shadows but this perfectly fit your style and is really great!

Hot chicks with monsters, that remind me Royo, Conan (sonja of course) or even Heavy Metal.

Awesome to see very talented artists in this forum by the way :D

Last edited 2012