Micro Sprint - Screenshots

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Micro Sprint - Screenshots

Stevie G(Posted 2011) [#1]
As most of you will know, when you've spent years on the same project, motivation dwindles. I started this as a sideline project to 'Polymaniacs' and it's now complete. Some of you may remember a small one-switch game 'Microprix' I wrote many years ago, this is it remastered big time.

I wanted to do something which could be accessible to everyone so the whole thing can be controlled with one joypad/mouse button or key. It's basically Scalextric with alot more features.

I'll be uploading a demo soon but in the meantime here's a some screenshots of a couple of the tracks:

Time to get back to PM!

Last edited 2011

Last edited 2011

Last edited 2011

GfK(Posted 2011) [#2]
Looks good, 'cept for the flying boats.

Stevie G(Posted 2011) [#3]
Your eyes deceive you ... in the first shot, the lake on the right is deeper than the one on the left.

GaryV(Posted 2011) [#4]
Looks fabulous.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2011) [#5]
..i really like style of your games...nice..

Htbaa(Posted 2011) [#6]
That looks very nice! The track in the final screenshot does confuse me though!

big10p(Posted 2011) [#7]
Looks great! Would love to see a version of the arcade game Super Sprint. ;)

OldNESJunkie(Posted 2011) [#8]
Sweet, now I have 2 things to look forward to from you, this & Polymaniacs. Reminds me of Super Sprint & a little of Gene Rally.
Please tell me you will include editors for this game, please, please, please.......I beg you.

BTW,

Is this like a slot car racing game then, only able to control speed & not turning, etc ??

Last edited 2011

Stevie G(Posted 2011) [#9]
Thanks folks. I hope you like how it plays.

@ OldNESJunkie,

Yes just like slot car racing. Given the size of the tracks it would be a nightmare to steer as well as the AI. For accessability reasons you can set your button to accelerate or brake.

The editor is not very user friendly but good enough that I can build a new track in 5 mins. I was planning to release new track packs but I'll think about including it eventually. The bonus is that the AI will be able to drive any track you make without setting any waypoint or speeds, so once you've built it your good to go.

@Htbaa,

You think that one is bad, you can build even bigger tracks which shrink to fit on screen, check this one out:

Htbaa(Posted 2011) [#10]
Oooh those are tunnels! I had not seen that!

Warpy(Posted 2012) [#11]
That looks really lovely.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2012) [#12]

..I really like style of your games...nice..

That's what I was thinking. Good stuff, looking forward to the demo.

Dabhand(Posted 2012) [#13]
I used to love games like this when I was a kid, more notably Grand Prix Simulator on the Amstrad, then Micro Machines... Top work!

Dabz

Steve Elliott(Posted 2012) [#14]
Demo, any time soon matey?

OldNESJunkie(Posted 2012) [#15]
Stevie G is the Duke Nukem Forever of Blitz :^)

Stevie G(Posted 2012) [#16]
Ho ho. Definately living up to that tag, although I have been going through a pretty tough time in the last while so have good reason (see bottom left of screenshot below for a clue).

The game is finished - just a wee bit more testing (planned for later today). If I had web hosting I'd post a demo.

Last edited 2012

JBR(Posted 2012) [#17]
Stevie, try dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/

put it in the public folder

Jim

jkrankie(Posted 2012) [#18]
i can host it for you if you like?

send me an email if you're interested.

Cheers
Charlie

Last edited 2012

GaryV(Posted 2012) [#19]
New shots look awesome! Keep up the great work!!

Blitzplotter(Posted 2012) [#20]
Hey Stevie, looks great and with respect to your sign I've a friend who has been going thru a similar thing since Christmas - hope it pans out ok.

As for the graphics, looks a lot like skidmarks - great work.

Last edited 2012

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#21]
When I first saw this I thought BlitzMax. Very nice and addictive too! :D

Sung(Posted 2012) [#22]
Very very nice!

D4NM4N(Posted 2012) [#23]
I loved the sprint games in the arcades (with those 3 big steering wheels stuck on the front)

It had that cool tyre squeal sound.

:D

Looks very nice! (although i agree with GFK, the boats in deep water look like they are flying. I think the shadow should be on the water rather than the bottom (or on both may look even better).

Last edited 2012

Imperium(Posted 2012) [#24]
I can't wait to try this. I simply adore the art! It's a nice spin on old-school graphics.

JonnyEnglish(Posted 2012) [#25]
Fantastic work. Great looking game! Looks so much fun in multiplayer.

Stevie G(Posted 2012) [#26]
It's on Indievania for the measly sum of $2.50 - go on - give it a whirl :)

http://www.indievania.com/games/micro-sprint

ervin(Posted 2012) [#27]
Thanks for the heads-up.
Off to grab it right now!

LineOf7s(Posted 2012) [#28]
Bought this on the weekend.

Made. Of. Win.

Stevie G(Posted 2012) [#29]
Thanks mate - much appreciated!