Krischans Blue Marble

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Krischans Blue Marble

Krischan(Posted 2011) [#1]
I've been poking around my very old Blitz3D sources (back to 2005) and found a little demo showing a simple planet earth turning around with nice music I never released. Playing the last days with textures and source I created this useless little piece of eyecandy stress relief demo which I like to share with the community. Have fun and feel free to play around with the source which is included.

Interaction: SPACE stops/starts the demo and RETURN saves a screenshot. "S" shows/hides the "shader" and "C" the clouds.

Download (14MB zipped)

Screenshot (click to enlarge)

Last edited 2011

Ross C(Posted 2011) [#2]
Very pretty!

BlitzSupport(Posted 2011) [#3]
Yeah, nicely done.

Krischan(Posted 2011) [#4]
Here is a version in BlitzMAX using minib3d and Muttleys INIFileHandler. Should look similar to the B3D Version and is enhanced by a small INI-File where you can set a different screen resolution and music track.

Download the complete ZIP with source, media and executable (13MB)

(not sure if this still fits in "Graphics Showcase", so move it to the "Blitz Showcase" if necessary...)

RifRaf(Posted 2011) [#5]
I always like your demos, they have given me quite a few of my current desktop backgrounds.. thanks!

Sung(Posted 2011) [#6]
"Wunderschön" Krischan!!

Krischan(Posted 2011) [#7]
Thanks guys. It's a nice demo of what Blitz3D is still capable of (and a demonstration for minib3d, too :-)

Yue(Posted 2012) [#8]
=)