..new stuff im working on..

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/..new stuff im working on..

Naughty Alien(Posted 2011) [#1]
..my 2nd project, point and click adventure, comic style, wip...i hope you like it..

..main character in game..

Last edited 2011

Kirkkaf(Posted 2011) [#2]
Wow that looks amazing.

Pete Carter(Posted 2011) [#3]
Very nice, I have just started making a point and click engine so will be following your progress.

Hotshot2005(Posted 2011) [#4]
Wow and keep going :)

BlitzSupport(Posted 2011) [#5]
Brilliant graphical style! Is this Blitz 3D, BlitzMax... ?

Naughty Alien(Posted 2011) [#6]
..thank you guys for kind comments and support..

Brilliant graphical style! Is this Blitz 3D, BlitzMax... ?

..its Bmax + LE, and Bmax + Phyre (consoles)..

Steve Elliott(Posted 2011) [#7]
Yeah, I agree with James. Love the graphical style.

xlsior(Posted 2011) [#8]
Very nice!

Is this going to be a commercial game, or...?

RifRaf(Posted 2011) [#9]
Naughty, I love the art style you've chosen.
Can't wait to see how it progresses.

Yue(Posted 2011) [#10]
o.O?? Very Nice!!!!

Danny(Posted 2011) [#11]
Hats off! Fresh and original look and design. Would love to see this move in 3D ..

D

Nice_But_Dim(Posted 2011) [#12]
Bit OTT for comic style (my opinion).

SLotman(Posted 2011) [#13]

..its Bmax + LE, and Bmax + Phyre (consoles)..

Say what... you can use blitzmax to do console games...???

And yes, the graphics looks very good! I wish I was able to model something like that char :)

zambani(Posted 2011) [#14]
That's really cool.

JustLuke(Posted 2011) [#15]
The character looks great but I'm not too keen on the backgrounds. I can't put my finger on what I don't like about them - a problem with the texturing, some too blurry, some too muddy, some too grainy, along with the more general lack of a unique style.

Keep working at it, though, because I love adventure games and the steampunk aesthetic.

MCP(Posted 2011) [#16]
The scenery looks great. It has that coloured in with a felt-tip pen look.
The main character's hands look a little too big IMO. But other than that... a smashing job! :)

Kev(Posted 2011) [#17]
love it, very nice work. can we see the main character in game screens :P

The main character's hands look a little too big IMO. But other than that... a smashing job! :)

yes looking i tend to agree

Last edited 2011

Naughty Alien(Posted 2011) [#18]

love it, very nice work. can we see the main character in game screens :P

..sure..here is one screen from the first episode..

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2011) [#19]
make his head a little larger. it will look better with the size of his hands, it does not need to be realistic, just appealing to the eye.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2011) [#20]

make his head a little larger.

Yes, I agree. With the comic book larger-than-life hands, his features need to be more balanced.

Dabhand(Posted 2011) [#21]
Hey, leave him alone, the poor bugger might have microcephaly... Bless his cotton socks! :D

Dabz

ErikT(Posted 2011) [#22]
Great, imaginative backgrounds and equally great-looking character. I'll put in another vote for a bigger head. Also, I think the textures are waaaay too noisy for the comic look you're going for. I mean even the cushion chair, what the heck? When every single object in the world has that same grainy look to them then the totality becomes less interesting and even straining to look at; there's no "contrast" for the brain to separate objects from one another. Make sense?

Leon Drake(Posted 2011) [#23]
wow looks better than champions online.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2011) [#24]
Very polished looking.

MadJack(Posted 2011) [#25]
DOn't know about the hands - being slightly oversize they suggest character - as in 'he's very hands on' (I'm not joking).

Naughty Alien(Posted 2011) [#26]
..new update, with some characters..images somehow gets blurry after screen capture software...ill check it out..

Last edited 2011

Last edited 2011

Hotshot2005(Posted 2011) [#27]
Amazing :)

Naughty Alien(Posted 2011) [#28]
..few more characters/task hubs added and one level finished..

..minigame, catch roses..

..naughty lil roses won..water pouring out..yayy.. :)

Last edited 2011

Hotshot2005(Posted 2012) [#29]
MIND BLOWING :)

Tom(Posted 2012) [#30]
I'd put any subtitles/text/dialogue in a box with a darker background, else sometimes text can be hard to read when overlayed onto a game screen directly, like the screeny at Saffron's there.

Looks very unique, keep it up! :)

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2012) [#31]
I would love to see how some of the above screen shots look without the grain effect over them.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2012) [#32]
..these shots are rather old, and now it looks much much better..these shots were wip at that time, and all things such as subtitles, hints, help and so on, were reworked and looking way different. Game will be out very very soon..

xlsior(Posted 2012) [#33]
What type of game is it? Serious story line, mystery, humorous, ...?

Naughty Alien(Posted 2012) [#34]
..it is point and click adventure, mystery with some sort of 'dark' humor, set in steampunk world..

Flemmonk(Posted 2012) [#35]
Your art is always great, is it all your own?

Naughty Alien(Posted 2012) [#36]
..thanks, everything is home made, from art up to the game engine..

Blitzplotter(Posted 2012) [#37]
Very impressive Naughty, you're one helluva taletned individual. Looking forward to the game release!

SystemError51(Posted 2012) [#38]
This is seriously impressive and innovative. I'd play that myself

time-killer-games(Posted 2012) [#39]
Is this pre rendered, or is that done at real-time? Hey, Uhh. By any chance in the near or distant future you could do a project with me? point and click adventure is my favorite genre and it is all I ever make (90% of the time). My games are pre rendered though, I use sweet home 3D and Bryce Pro to make my graphics. I can show you some of my work if you are interested. my current project is being made with GameMaker, but I intend to make a version that is made in monkey, for better exports. do you have monkey, or are you just a blitzer? Your art is amazing btw. Wow.

Ginger Tea(Posted 2013) [#40]
Bit of a thread necro and I'm on my phone so I can't tell if it got meantioned
I was watching an old tgs podcast offline (no net so can't link) but episode #17 at the 1:40:00 Mark had the trailer.
Ep 17 out of 60 plus so yeah ages ago, but if you had an unexpected site crash, yeah that was probably them.

Zethrax(Posted 2013) [#41]
Here's the link to the TGS Podcast video Ginger Tea mentioned where Hoodwink was shown.

From where the game was mentioned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s--P6X_BLw#t=6060

From Start
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s--P6X_BLw