Spill Engine gets deffered

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Spill Engine gets deffered

col(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi all

Just a little teaser for a game engine I'm working on using BMax - Spill Engine - using DirectX9. It is solely shader based.

A screenshot of an early stage of the deferred rendering option. Obviously deferred rendering requires a fairly decent spec gfx card so the option is not for everyone. The render engine will be scalable.
I've made overkill use of specular, to show the lights, which makes the model look plastic. Never mind :o) - I'm a coder not an artist :D

See ya

Last edited 2011

*(Posted 2011) [#2]
nice :P

seems everyone is working on an engine

col(Posted 2011) [#3]
Thankyou :-)

I am actually working on a game, one of them a is 2D in 3D maze game, one player and/or 2, nothing special or revolutionary, but it will have atmosphere and all the eye candy.
I'm just looking for a gfx guy/girl who wouldn't mind making some models, amazing how people say yes then don't actually come up with the goods. I'm not looking for free, just reliability.

In the meantime I'll keep building the engine for the next game - a classic retro remake on 3D steroids :D

A nice touch of deffered rendering it doesnt really slow down much when you start throwing geomtery and tons of lighting at it, unless you go too mad of course :o)

Last edited 2011

Pete Carter(Posted 2011) [#4]
What models do you need?

col(Posted 2011) [#5]
Hey Pete.

A brief overview for my currrent WIP...
Its a WW2 scenario. I need the main character - soldier, enemy soldiers, bridges, buildings, vehicles, weapons. Pretty much everything. All models are to be diffuse, specular, normal mapped.

If you are serious then email me on automagician01@...

Cheers

Last edited 2011

Pete Carter(Posted 2011) [#6]
Sorry I don't have anything to generate normal maps. never really got into using zbrush etc

col(Posted 2011) [#7]
Hey Pete. Normal maps - thats not really a problem if can create high poly count meshes. I can generate the normal maps using the high poly version along with a lower poly version that I can make using my own mesh lod algos. What softwares do you use?

Also, I do have the 3D in 2D maze game that needs all graphics and models made for. To give you some idea of the scenario and the look of the graphics I have in mind...
Imagine a huge laboratory hidden inside a secret pyramid which is itself buried deep in a jungle. The idea being - to get into the lab from the outside, first moving thorugh a jungle, through a pyramid into the lab, rescue some poor scientists, then make your way back out again. This game has 2 craft of 2 different sizes that move scenary and items around simultaneously or individually. This games core code is 99% finished, and just waiting for graphics before I implement any front screen etc. Any ideas and features are welcomed should you decide to join the project. Again this isnt for free, and something we'd discuss in private.

Cheers

Last edited 2011