Male Sprite Sheet

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Male Sprite Sheet

YellBellzDotCom(Posted 2011) [#1]
Just created a male sprite sheet that I'm using for my game and wanted to see what others thought of it.

You can download it here...
http://www.mediafire.com/i/?ak8bmbqpnobu8h2

The sprite sheet has 8 rows for each direction and the last frame of each row is the idle frame. Each frame is 50x50pix and the sheet is a .png file with transparent background.

Heres a pic...

Last edited 2011
Uploaded new file to media fire, old file had shadows that stretched over the borders.

Last edited 2011

Last edited 2011

grindalf(Posted 2011) [#2]
Thats pretty cool. VERY Age of Empires :D

YellBellzDotCom(Posted 2011) [#3]
Thanks!

I am loving making these little dodads. Way too much fun. Hehehe!

slenkar(Posted 2011) [#4]
very good!
i tried making one myself but it wasnt as good

GfK(Posted 2011) [#5]
The sprite sheet has 8 rows for each direction and the last frame of each row is the idle frame. Each frame is 50x50pix and the sheet is a .png file with transparent background.
Not bad... but a couple of suggestions.

First, the images would be better supplied without black borders and shadows. They could also do with being a higher resolution, then folks can scale them down as needed.

Second, I'm not sure how much demand there would be for a bald game character who walks about in just his underpants.

[edit] Oh, and 50x50 is a funny size. Might want to keep sprite sizes base 2 for consistency.

Last edited 2011

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2011) [#6]
nice, do you animate by hand or do you use a 3d app for the base?

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2011) [#7]
I think it's poser

YellBellzDotCom(Posted 2011) [#8]
Thanks for the suggestions, I made the model in max and exported to B3d then used Sprite Forge to export to a sprite sheet. I was going to export to a higher res but for some reason I can't get the key code to work and not getting much of a response from Dan yet, lol.

50x50 sprites are the largest I can export until I get the key code working.

I did an export without the black outline, but I liked it better ingame with the border.

Also, this sprite wasn't really intended for public use. Just something I'm using in my game, thats why hes bald in his tighties, lol. If someone finds a use for it, even as just a place holder, they're welcome to it.

Thanks for the all the input!

Last edited 2011

Last edited 2011

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2011) [#9]
I might take you up on that. The second I saw it I had a flood of ideas

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2011) [#10]
The second I saw it I had a flood of ideas

hunter/gatherer game....
...or fashion mogul game-- start from the bottom in your skivies...

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2011) [#11]
I was actually thinking of an ai project where you don't touch the little people but rather introduce stuff into their worl and see how they react .

Anthony Flack(Posted 2011) [#12]
I guess the obvious issue is that frame 1 and frame 5 are the same.

Canali(Posted 2011) [#13]
Excellent.
Is it hand drawn?

lo-tekk(Posted 2011) [#14]
Is it hand drawn?

I made the model in max and exported to B3d then used Sprite Forge to export to a sprite sheet.

I hope the keycode issue has been fixed. Just ordered a copy of Sprite Forge.