Cubed Inc.(Posted 2011) [#1]
http://img824.imageshack.us/i/blitzcc2011041800315050.png/

what do you guys think?

Last edited 2011

Kryzon(Posted 2011) [#2]
Hello!
A few things I noticed:

1) Why does Kirby have four eyes?
2) Is that seam in the middle of the level just for debugging? when you join the two parts you'll probably notice a discontinuation in the textures. You'd have to weld those two parts and map them together as a single plane.
3) The mapping in the green area on top of those two pillars is stretched vertically. Perhaps re-map, seeking to fix it?
4) If this is a sky-open level you should consider the lighting coming from the sun, so from above. A direct light with a little bit of angle, like a 10AM sun. The way it is now it seems there's a point light close to those rocks.

Other than that, thumbs up for the cartoonish, strong colours of the textures.

Cubed Inc.(Posted 2011) [#3]
kryzon

1)kirby has 4 eyes becuase he's just a test model, since he's easy to animate.

2)The seam in the middle of the level is there becuase the level was just made for testing reasons so I didn't really mind it.

3)same reason as #2

4)The level is sky open but there are 2 reasons why I don't use the sunlight that 3d world studios has to offer.

1.There is glitch in my 3d world studios where 3d models look bleached and the shading of them turns pitch black if sunlight is used on then, and since the level is actually a lightmapped mesh, sunlight can't be used for it. Same thing with 3d world studio terrains.

2.I was actually going for a super mario galaxy look with my game's lighting. (notice the smg2 level is sky open)
http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14354736/super-mario-galaxy-2/images/super-mario-galaxy-2-20100420050005653.html

do you think my level seems to fit that mario galaxy style?

Last edited 2011

Last edited 2011

Kryzon(Posted 2011) [#4]
The textures are similar, but Mario Galaxy uses a velvet\rim shader for every object and has a direct light for the sun.

If World Studio's 'sunlight' you mentioned is giving problems, try a direct light (or if it doesn't have one of these, use a spotlight with a huge cone).

Last edited 2011

Cubed Inc.(Posted 2011) [#5]
A spotlight with a huge cone? What exactly is the "cone" again?

Kryzon(Posted 2011) [#6]
Spotlight for 3DS Max (but the logic is the same for other applications that have spotlights).
The cone is that area that the spotlight will illuminate.
If you can specify the size of the cone, make it cover your whole level so the difference is minimal to what you would get from a direct-light\sunlight.

Cubed Inc.(Posted 2011) [#7]
3d world studios does have spotlights that can be changed in there cone properties. Would a normal light work too?

Kryzon(Posted 2011) [#8]
Can you post me all light types available in world studio?

Cubed Inc.(Posted 2011) [#9]
light,spotlight and sunlight

Kryzon(Posted 2011) [#10]
Since a sunlight is giving you those glitches, make a spotlight and scale it or increase the size of the cone to illuminate your whole level\scene\environment.
This is not as ideal as a sunlight\direct-light, which has parallel rays, but it should give a similar effect.