Very Lowpoly Toon Pack comes soon!

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Very Lowpoly Toon Pack comes soon!

Blitzblaster(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi everybody!

At the moment i`m working for a very lowpoly Toon Pack with a polycount from 200 ~ 900 polys and a texture skin 256 x 256 for a Frogger Clone or a little Racer Game for example.

Here a small preview:

Last edited 2011

Last edited 2011

Matty(Posted 2011) [#2]
sorry, cannot see pic.

Blitzblaster(Posted 2011) [#3]
refresh please!

GfK(Posted 2011) [#4]
Those poly counts are ridiculous for what they are. Looked on photobucket at the other images and your mesh topography is all over the place and the car designs themselves are generally awful. None of them have doors, for a start, and all are completely disproportionate.

Better mesh optimisation and more use of reference images, I think. I'd add some textures, too.

Amon(Posted 2011) [#5]
He did say it was a Very Low Poly Toon Pack. Toon being probably why they are not proportioned correctly.

These would work well on mobile phones like iOS, ANdroid etc with a little bit more tweaking and tidying up.

GfK(Posted 2011) [#6]
He did say it was a Very Low Poly Toon Pack
My point was (after looking at the other images), they aren't low poly at all, for what they are. 95% of the poly count is in the wheels.

(and even toon cars need doors!)

Blitzblaster(Posted 2011) [#7]
Thx Amon, this is the reason for that. And GfK, not all toon cars have doors. Take a look at: http://www.tnt-racers.com/ :D

Amon(Posted 2011) [#8]
Well, with a little more tweaking they'll be fine. The wheels deffinitely need to be sorted. There are various articles on the net that teach efficient use of polys when modelling low poly 3D Models.

(and even toon cars need doors!)

In an industry where one of the greatest games had Flowers hurling fireballs at you and Big Fat Italian Plumbers flying around with a cape I would think you were very wrong there. :-)

Kryzon(Posted 2011) [#9]
I think GfK meant "if they are to be sold for generic use, they should have generic features of cars" (wheels, doors etc.).
That way, games that need door'ed cars can use it just as well as games that don't.

I liked the rightmost one, from the bottom row. It looks like you baked some GI on its texture (at least it gives that impression, even if it's just dirt); I think it stands out from the others (by looking better, that is).

Last edited 2011

Wiebo(Posted 2011) [#10]
Well, the models are so low poly, I can see serious shading problems in most of the cars. Smoothing threshold tweaking would clean up these models, and it's a 5 minute job... Sorry, too sloppy.

Dabhand(Posted 2011) [#11]
I prefer Stevies:-

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=86093

Which I presume are done using Blitz3D primitives, which I very much doubt could be any less low-poly!

Baring in mind, I cannot really be critic because I cannot model 3D objects, not even for a slice of kebab meat!

Dabz

GfK(Posted 2011) [#12]
Baring in mind, I cannot really be critic because I cannot model 3D objects
You don't need to be Tiger Woods to know that Norman Wisdom wasn't very good at golf.

GaryV(Posted 2011) [#13]
Whatever happened to this model pack?