Prague - Smelter

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Prague - Smelter

zambani(Posted 2010) [#1]
Wood is a good building material but it will only get you so far. With more advanced buildings like the Genehouse being introduced in Prague, it didn't take long for us to realize that it was time to add additional construction materials to the game. So we've added two more. Glass and Copper. But these do not occur naturally in Prague. They are locked up in mineral deposits scattered around the land. In order to convert these deposits into usefully construction materials, we had to create yet another building. I introduce to you...

The Smelter

The smelter converts sandstone and antlerite into glass and copper respectively. Below is a link to a video of the smelter in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEYDcUPnzEY

Sandstone Deposit

Antlerite Deposit

Kryzon(Posted 2010) [#2]
Very nice, I like how things look uniform despite being from separate images.
The one thing I did notice though was that Sandstone Deposit - I felt that that wooden framework stands out a bit. Perhaps darknening it a little more? what do you think?

xlsior(Posted 2010) [#3]
I think those two greenish blobby creatures that delivered the ingredients stand out much more than any of the background thing -- especially next to the more normally proportioned humans.

I don't know if they are 'final' graphics or placeholder ones, but I really don't think they fit in with the overall graphics of the game.

(By the way: I assume this is inspired by 'Settlers'?)

zambani(Posted 2010) [#4]
@Kryzon
Thanks.
Yes it does. It looks too "new". It really should look more used and a bit more complicated.

@xlsior
The green guys are actually from my other games. They are the characters of The Legend of the Six Elders series. I might add some detail to them if time/budget permits. The game was originally about the green guys only(Elders). Later I decided to add people.

The game is not inspired by The Settlers(good game though). It's my first shot at creating a RTS/city building game. Though not inspired by, Prague is influenced in some way by Anno 1404.

puki(Posted 2010) [#5]
Glass and Copper. But these do not occur naturally in Prague.

Interesting - I had no idea that glass occurs naturally but, in fact, it does. I always thought it was man-made. I Googled it as I was going to comment that it doesn't occur naturally anywhere and luckily I researched before I posted.

Carry on.