Survery: New GUI layout of PRP = waste of time?

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Survery: New GUI layout of PRP = waste of time?

Grisu(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hi!

I have rearranged the upper part of the main station panel of PRP.
I'm just not sure if this is an improvement?

New:

Old:

Some comments would be nice. - Just to make sure that I'm not wasting my time completely. ;)

Grisu

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2010) [#2]
The new one looks a lot better.

Gabriel(Posted 2010) [#3]
I agree. The new one is much preferable.

Grisu(Posted 2010) [#4]
Thanks for your entries.

The only downside is that I have to redo all station logos (~500), This might take some days. Also the filesize is increasing.

As long as my userbase likes it, I'll do it. :)

Gabriel(Posted 2010) [#5]
The only downside is that I have to redo all station logos (~500), This might take some days. Also the filesize is increasing.

Eek, that indeed sounds like a lot of work. Can't you automate it? Looking at the logos in the top post, it looks as though you could programatically create new logos by simply expanding the width, keep the original image centered and then copy a 1 pixel column from each side of the original image to fill up the gaps on the left and right sides.

Grisu(Posted 2010) [#6]
If it just were that easy.
PRP will also display smaller logos. - Just that the HD ones look more cute.

More examples:

98/549 stations done.... this will take a while.

jsp(Posted 2010) [#7]
Looks very good, but hey that's a lot of work.

degac(Posted 2010) [#8]
Very good, I like it!
For the new logos: use the current old-ones and with time (maybe with an automatic update system) release the new ones: a lot of work to do now (that is not very important compared to the full application (I'm listening the radio, not watching the logo...)

Grisu(Posted 2010) [#9]
Slowly getting there: 250/548

For those interested, the current dev build:
http://knot.eu5.org/prp_win32_dev.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/?0v1yf2b7eaydato

BTW: One can also link .pls files, etc with PRP. - It will play them directly.

EOF(Posted 2010) [#10]
I like the new design. I like this app
If you have a PayPal account I will send you a donation for all of the effort you have put in

*(Posted 2010) [#11]
new ones look much better.

Grisu(Posted 2010) [#12]
Ok, it took about a week. The new Win and Mac versions are on the way to the server. Will make an announcement when they have been uploaded by Knot. Or use the updater (v2.0.9).

550 stations rechecked and updated. 9 are still missing a logo at all (=these have no website or no real logo).

@Jim:
Thanks for your kind offer. I don't even have a credit card or an account there. - It's just good to know that people use my apps. So they hopefully can't be that bad at all. :)

You could do Czech translation for PRP if you like and have the time...

EOF(Posted 2010) [#13]
Sure. I'm still learning the lingo here but I can get a Czech translation done. Email me the word list and I will take a look

Grisu(Posted 2010) [#14]
That would be great. E-mail underway...

Blitzplotter(Posted 2010) [#15]
Grisu, i have been getting by with one of your older builds. New one looks great, will be updating soon!