Prague - Thunderstorm

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Prague - Thunderstorm

zambani(Posted 2010) [#1]
Thunderstorm
"I looked up and the sun had abandon the sky in the afternoon. The wind suddenly started pushing leaves and debris chaotically. When I finally heard the rain in the distance I knew disaster was upon us all. A nasty thunderstorm was brewing. Within the first minute, a bolt struck my tent and burned it to the ground. The next thing I remembered was someone clicking on me and telling me to get back to work."
- Elder No6.

A new features called Natural Disaster will keep you on your toes in Prague. Though rare, natural disaster will happen every so often. And when they do, they can leave a smoothly running village in ruins. The first natural disaster is a thunderstorm but others like earthquake and tornado will be added in the future.

Thunderstorm video

ragtag(Posted 2010) [#2]
That's actually pretty cool. Watched the video, and the poor little blue guys getting hit by lightning.

puki(Posted 2010) [#3]
This game is weird, but most interesting.

Tom(Posted 2010) [#4]
Use a Sine wave for the tree motion, less robotic. :)

*(Posted 2010) [#5]
Never looked at this Wip game before now I seen the video it looks really cool.

I do agree tho the trees need work but look ok :)

Axel Wheeler(Posted 2010) [#6]
Nice!

Consider adding an intensity value to the storm, which varies somewhat randomly throughout. Some storms may be minor, sone major, but the player cannot tell where it will go. At a minimum, the rain should kick in less suddenly, I think.

Keep on truckin!

-Pete

zambani(Posted 2010) [#7]
Agreed about the trees. It was one of the earliest things designed in the game. I might break the the tree image into various segments which will allow them to bend and sway more naturally. I have sch an implementation on the farm plants.