Working on a new bb.com theme

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Working on a new bb.com theme

N(Posted 2010) [#1]
In the interest of seeing how much I can use/abuse CSS (in particular CSS3's rather bountiful number of selectors), I've started working on a new theme for blitzbasic.com that more or less requires Firefox 3.7 and up or a modern Webkit browser (e.g., Chrome, Safari 4 and up, etc.). BB.com has a fairly horrifying HTML (the sheer number of tables is just baffling), but it's also predictable, so that makes it easier to use some selectors (e.g., nth-of-type is a good one to use on bb.com).

Anyhow, here's a picture:

The particularly glowy tab is one that's being clicked.

It currently uses no images except for div.quote (because I can't render polygons or insert new elements via CSS, so I need an image for part of it). I expect if I finish it, simonh/mark won't add it because it 1) changes the location of some bits on the site and 2) really limits what browsers you can use. I expect Opera will render it sans transitions, at least, but I expect IE support is required.

Ked(Posted 2010) [#2]
Oooh! Looks good!

ingenius(Posted 2010) [#3]
Nice!

N(Posted 2010) [#4]
Few more changes.

Edit 2: Can see the part of it I'm working on here, at the moment: http://spifftastic.net/nilthem/post.html
CSS is also visible, obviously. It's also rather messy due to me trying to find ways to select specific things that do not have classes or IDs or entirely predictable structure. It's not fun.

Edit: Picture with quotes/code box added.

_JIM(Posted 2010) [#5]
Looks awesome. I wanna use it!

N(Posted 2010) [#6]
I submitted it earlier today, it's up to them if they want to use it. I personally don't think it's likely due to the fact that IE users can't use it (well, they can, but it won't work). At any rate, it was fun to do. In the meantime, I will use the 'sabay' theme, because it looks good.

*(Posted 2010) [#7]
looks good :)