Subsim Project (BlitzMax + MiniB3D)

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Subsim Project (BlitzMax + MiniB3D)

Sung(Posted 2010) [#1]
Since last month i work with a professional programmer on a blitzmax + minib3d subsim game. Here are the game models i made for the project.
Hope you like it :-)

http://www.blitzforum.de/upload/file.php?id=9098

elcoo(Posted 2010) [#2]
Nice.
I especially like the textures, they aren't all that clean and that's what's making them realistic.
Did you already try to render an occlusion map with gile[s] for example? It might add a bit more depth to your ships.
Also maybe upload some closeups of the carrier, there's enough detail you're hiding from us ;)

Sung(Posted 2010) [#3]
Hi ecloo thanks.
The ships are extrem lowpoly. The carrier has without planes 620 poly. A airplane has 230 polys. There are only details on the texture. I have made only 1 texture 512 x 512 pixel. These texture is for the complete fleet and all follow ships that i will made. I hope that will be easy for modding the game because many can made a mesh but many have problems to texture it.

Matty(Posted 2010) [#4]
They do look good.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2010) [#5]
I especially like the aircraft carrier.

SLotman(Posted 2010) [#6]
I'm impressed by the water! Are those reflections real-time? Or just the same meshes below the water plane?

Is that plain miniB3D, or is it using the extended version?

Xaron(Posted 2010) [#7]
Looks great!

Chroma(Posted 2010) [#8]
MiniB3D is just DX7 right? I ask because I'm starting to use Xors3D. Since MiniB3D is is BMax...can't it be upgraded to DX9 now?

Kryzon(Posted 2010) [#9]
MiniB3D is OpenGL, using the cross-platform GL functionality that BMax has.
It's quite expansive (if you take the time to learn OGL and game engine programming, of course).

Chroma(Posted 2010) [#10]
Hah yeah that's right, I actually knew that but forgot...(hence it's cross-platformedness!)

Looks great though!

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#11]
I wonder how long it would take to do a battle-ships type mini-game with that :)

GaryV(Posted 2010) [#12]
_Skully: I thought the same when I saw those models.

Sung(Posted 2010) [#13]
_skully i didn't understand?

TaskMaster(Posted 2010) [#14]
Battle Ship is a board game here in the US. I do not know if it is abundantly available in other countries. But it is a classic board game that has been around for 30 or more years and still survives today.

I think you could make a great BattleShip game with those models as well. Mixed with a good AI and multi-player, you could probably sell it on the portals.

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#15]

is the game when it first came out...

is a spin-off someone did

Yue(Posted 2010) [#16]
:)

Sung(Posted 2010) [#17]
ah thanks.

No the game will be not like Battleships or in german called "Schiffe versenken".

It is a mix of classic chess an the "panzer general" series.

Btw. this thread was for a subsim action simulation, but the concept was changed to a 2D strategie game, that i made now with Xaron.

GaryV(Posted 2010) [#18]
is the game when it first came out...
Here is a photo of the original Battleship game that came out in 1934. It uses colored wooden pegs. I am in the process of restoring it. I actually have all of the pegs and the original manual and box for this game.

Link removed as I was running out of space for photos.