TimelineFX Videos on Youtube

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/TimelineFX Videos on Youtube

Pete Rigz(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hello, I've put up some videos on YouTube recently of some of the effects that are available for my particle effects software TimelineFX. Plus there's a couple of video tutorials too.

You can have a gander here :)

You can also check out all of the other effects libraries available for the editor here

Yan(Posted 2010) [#2]
Those explosions look mightily impressive, Mr Rigz.

I guess the real secret to snazzy particle effects is having decent animated textures.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2010) [#3]
..best proggy i have spent money on, that i actually commercially use..thumbs up Pete..

LineOf7s(Posted 2010) [#4]
Holy moly. I think the last time I checked your emitters page there was only the first selection there. You've clearly been busy.

Very nice effects. Very pretty indeed.

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#5]
Ya its a damn nice particle system... Pete's done a fantastic job on this.

I'm curious how the licencing model is working out? With the engine and all those effects free and him only charging for the editor... has the loop closed on new editor license purchases?

Pete Rigz(Posted 2010) [#6]
I guess the real secret to snazzy particle effects is having decent animated textures.

Animated particles can make a big difference for good looking particle effects, but I'm still trying to figure out what the secret is to a good looking animated particle! If you get that wrong then the effect can just look over complicated, less is more there I think.

Sales are still ticking over skully, there's only so much you can get out of the blitzmax market I think, but I'm getting more iPhone/iPad developers using it too, hopefully more so now I've implemented PVRTC format which improves performance on those devices. I may put the price up a bit soon now that the the product is more proven. Most marketing is word of mouth though at the moment, I need to address that really :)

LineOf7s(Posted 2010) [#7]
I may put the price up a bit soon now that the the product is more proven.

ACK! Now that's added some urgency to my considerations.

More power to you if/when you put up the price (the fact you can export the pwettiness to sprite sheets to use in... well anything - rather than having to use it with the Blitzmax module exclusively - is especially appealing), but if I ask nicely can we have a bit of a "Last chance at the old price!" notice before you do it? :o)

Dreamora(Posted 2010) [#8]
TimelineFX is indeed a pretty nice thing :)

I've to say I never used its module but I use and often recommend (on unity and iTGB boards) the editor to build image strips of the particle effects for great looking, highly performant particle effects especially on iphone and comparable draw call limited platforms :)
Will likely get another license somewhen pretty soon to have it on my win dev machine too not only on my mac for iphone dev :)

realized that it now officially has pvr support which is superb :) though I don't understand the osx requirement there cause the best pvr tool available to date is the official one from imagination technologies and thats win only ^

Pete Rigz(Posted 2010) [#9]
It wouldn't be a massive hike in price, maybe just to 29.99 or something, and I'll give warning :)

Thanks for spreading the word Dreamora! :) It does use the SDK from imagination technologies which Brucey was kind enough to give me a mod for, but he'd only done the Mac version so far though. Hopefully a windows version might appear at some point. I think just the dll needs wrapping for it, but I'm no expert in that area :)

theHand(Posted 2010) [#10]
You go, Pete! Just purchased a license.
Looking forward to a (far-off?) Linux version. :D

Edit: Also, good idea to charge more for it. I think it's worth it.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2010) [#11]
mighty fine fx