Jayhawk

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Jayhawk

elcoo(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hi there,
did this a few weeks ago, still interior needs to be textured.

skn3(Posted 2010) [#2]
Very well done. Can't find anything to critique. Would be cool to see it a more real world lighting render?

elcoo(Posted 2010) [#3]
Thanks! Those pictures were realtime renders. I had problems with the smoothing groups when importing the model to Blender, so it didn't look that clean there. The Blender importer seems to lack some features, but I'll see what other methods to render the mesh there are.

therevills(Posted 2010) [#4]
I cant even see the pictures...

Pic-Upload.de
Site don't allowed

elcoo(Posted 2010) [#5]
Funny, I don't know why that is. Maybe try to copy and paste the link?

puki(Posted 2010) [#6]
This looks great - nice colours. Best dinosaur so far from a Blitz user. I'm more of a T-Rex/Raptor fan myself though.

elcoo(Posted 2010) [#7]
So what about this?

GfK(Posted 2010) [#8]
I can see a helichopper in the first post, and post #7 has a weird dinosaur.

elcoo(Posted 2010) [#9]
I can see a helichopper in the first post, and post #7 has a weird dinosaur.
/quote

Yeah well, I'm not sure how puki saw a dinosaur in those pictures but I thought the Idea was quiet amusing.

Kryzon(Posted 2010) [#10]
Looks like a chopper indeed. I don't like this sort of 'real world' stuff for games, makes it kinda boring - if realism is what you were going for, then well done.
If it were a Goblin Airship or some fantasy vehicle, I'd like it more.

Oh, those were realtime renders? how did you get the propellers to motion blur (in other words, what engine\shaders were you using)?

Leon Drake(Posted 2010) [#11]
i stoled one of your helicopters

i parked it next to my acura...

you want it back you has to pay a ransom

Matty(Posted 2010) [#12]
I still can't see the pictures when I copy the link - I get some kind of "Pic-upload.de Site don't allowed' whatever that means.

elcoo(Posted 2010) [#13]
@Kryzon: Yeah realism was what I was going for, so thx :)
I know sci-fi or fantasy models have their own flair, but this one wasn't supposed to be.
I used Xors3d and BMax for rendering, applying a simple sphere map on the hull and windows. The motion-blur could have been done using shader support of xors but I decided to prerender it with blender and apply the texture on a sprite. It looks better and is faster than realtime-motionblur.
@Matty: I re-uploaded the pics on another image-hosting site, let's see if that works for you.
@Leon Drake:
You can keep it, I made a backup of all the files ;)