Learning Sculptris

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Learning Sculptris

bye(Posted 2010) [#1]
The other thread by Yahfree got me playing with sculptris, but i didn't want to hijack it with my own pics so here's an alien i made in a couple hours.

I can't model for crap so it's just for fun while I'm at it, and it's a pretty good app, so i might as well learn it. Feel free to rip it to shreds, I'm a coder not an artist.

and painted..

maximo(Posted 2010) [#2]
You are true artist, you got the skills that you dont even recognize your self, very nice piece

bye(Posted 2010) [#3]
Thanks maximo, appreciate the encouragement.

therevills(Posted 2010) [#4]
This is great!

Any tips or tricks that you have found?

Robert Cummings(Posted 2010) [#5]
Best tip for any sculpt app is to disclipline yourself not to use detail or small brushes until you absolutely cannot get the effect with a bigger brush.

Always go from big brush/low detail -> smaller brush / hi detail.

Big to small, and it will work and look good otherwise you get ugly bubble lip syndrome and so on.

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#6]
Oh no you don't, your not distracting me away with this little gem! ok maybe a little ;)

AvestheFox(Posted 2010) [#7]
I'm downloading this software now.. I cant believe that its freeware!

Tell me, is it as awesome as it looks?

GIB3D(Posted 2010) [#8]
Woah it is freeware, awesome! I'm tryin it out now!

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#9]
Its really awesome but has some serious GUI bugs so far! First run all looked good... second run and the GUI had a stroke... things overlapping etc.

Kryzon(Posted 2010) [#10]
Looks nice, I like the forehead texture. I don't like some of the wrinkles on the face (since we are dealing with a humanoid muscle structure, I don't think those wrinkles should be there). I mean, they don't seem "educatedly" placed, y'know? they seem like 'pollution' rather than 'detail'.
I'll wait Nilium's cents on that.

I can't model for crap
I doubt you said that in all seriousness! :)

Blitzplotter(Posted 2010) [#11]
truly astounding looking modelling & texturing.