The Raincatcher

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/The Raincatcher

zambani(Posted 2010) [#1]
I've had this one for a while so it's not truly the latest structure in Prague. However, new water animation was added. When it comes to food, corn is king in Prague. Why? Because it's the only food source. Corn is also king because you can use the corn juice as a source of water. But I won't recommend using it to wash your hands or do any kind of cleaning. So corn as a source of water is very limited in its use. There has to be a better way. I introduce to you...

THE RAINCATCHER

This structure, once built will store clean rainwater for later use whenever it rains. It's that simple. With a special add-on, the Raincatcher will even tell you how much water is in the soil so you can schedule your harvest correctly. Problem Solved!

Here's a timelapse video of the Raincatcher being constructed

skn3(Posted 2010) [#2]
Very cool, however shouldn't the little blue people need sleep at some point? It seems quite noticeable that you ahve day night cycles but your blue creatures are chronic insomniacs!

zambani(Posted 2010) [#3]
LOL,
Actually the blue guy(Elder #4) does go to sleep. If you stop the video at 0:56 it says on the bottom UI "Elder #4, Going to Sleep".
Elders can stay awake for up to 18 hours. For this demo I made sure that the Elder doing the building was fully rested so I could get the full 18 hours out of him.

Good observation though.

skn3(Posted 2010) [#4]
Haha cool :) well I will be looking forward to trying this game. I love the relaxed rts style games.

Ked(Posted 2010) [#5]
Looks good. But I'm not sure what I'm looking at. The perspective or something is weird at the circle part.

zambani(Posted 2010) [#6]
Yeah, I know what you mean. I made the mistake in the beginning to make the tiles run up/down instead of diagonal. So the ground doesn't seem to have much perspective. This is made worse when the buildings run up/down like the Raincatcher instead of diagonal. I think the problem is that the ground lacks perspective.

Thareh(Posted 2010) [#7]
Very nice stuff indeed! :)
Yeah, There's something wierd going on with the circle :P