Ship and Town Hall 3d Models [Image Warning]

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Ship and Town Hall 3d Models [Image Warning]

Unknown Dady(Posted 2010) [#1]
Ship

Town Hall

Hello all you Blitz game developers, I have opened a 3d model shop on my website(http://markparra.art.officelive.com/) So far I only have 2 3d models for sale a Ship and a Town Hall. The ship is fully featured as well as the Town Hall. Also both models have been rigorously tested in many engines including Realmcrafter Standard, which is a Blitz based engine.

The Ship is 7.00
while the Town Hall is 5.00

More screenshots and details can be found at the 3d models products page at
http://markparra.art.officelive.com/

Thank you for your time
Mark Parra

Matty(Posted 2010) [#2]
I'm assuming those prices are in US Dollars?

GaryV(Posted 2010) [#3]
The site makes a point of saying USD ;)

ShadowTurtle(Posted 2010) [#4]
Ah! I know the ship model!

It is a modern version from the good old "Melon Dezign & Pulse - Tribes" msdos demo (video, demo). :)

GaryV(Posted 2010) [#5]
Question, when you buy the model do you get it in all available formats?

Unknown Dady(Posted 2010) [#6]
Thank you for your comments.

Yes the prices are in US Dollars. The Design of the ship is based on a ship blueprints that I found online. Not sure the name of the ship but I know it was British and a good looking blueprint. It might well be that that ship in the game was also based off those same blueprints =).

Yes when you buy a model you get the model in all available formats [3ds,x,b3d,obj,dbo,max,ugh, Ogre (mesh+material)]. It comes in a zip with the model formats, textures, readme and license.

Mark Parra

Blitzplotter(Posted 2010) [#7]
I like the sense of size with your hall model.

Ruz(Posted 2010) [#8]
I think you should wait a bit before selling this stuff. Its not too hot tbh.
The ship is a good start, but the textures need a lot of work
Everything is just too monochrome and oversaturated

SabataRH(Posted 2010) [#9]
Nice clean crisp textures, I like it. Kinda Blizzard-like in a way. A tad-bit more geometry could go miles with those models.

GaryV(Posted 2010) [#10]
Contrary to one of the above posts, the textures are what make these models look so great. Unfortunately, I can't order the ship model, as it appears it is no longer for sale :(

Mustang(Posted 2010) [#11]
What Ruz said; nice start but not really commercial quality. Of course if people buy them then they are :)

Scale of texturing and details bother me the most, planks are huge in the ship when you compare them to stairs and windows... and sails are way too tiny.

Town hall suffers from the same scale problems and it looks like it's square on the outside and circular on the inside? Number and positioning of the windows doesn't match either.

GaryV(Posted 2010) [#12]
Could you please put the ship back up for sale?

puki(Posted 2010) [#13]
The ship looks good to me.

I do agree that the town hall is odd as it is a single building and is limited for use without matching buildings. It has simple, cartoony, textures that are a specific style - it just depends on the style of your game.

ShadowTurtle(Posted 2010) [#14]
This models would fit into the N64 Zelda (Ocarina of time)

hm...

or more likely to ultima 9

Oo

nice step to have already this quality. There are now only needed shader textures & high polycount to fit with today models. :)

by the way.. do you haved already think about to make models with arteria3d? You can ask them here: www.arteria3d.com

Unknown Dady(Posted 2010) [#15]
Thankyou for your comments.

I have opened the store back up and have added 3 models.

ShadowTurtle I would never make models for arteria, steve is selling a product to young game developers that would never run on todays hardware.