The Genehouse

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/The Genehouse

zambani(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hi everyone. Below is the latest addition to the buildings in Prague, my upcoming Village sim RTS.

While I'm not 100% clear on how it will work, it will be your second lab in Prague(the first one being The Gadget Hut). In the Genehouse you will be able to engineer a variety of new seeds from existing materials in Prague. Once the seeds are created and put into packets, you can use them like the corn packets and plant them on any farm. You can even grow stuff that has other uses besides food. After all, it's the Genehouse and we're talking serious Genetic engineering.

slenkar(Posted 2010) [#2]
looks pretty good

Kryzon(Posted 2010) [#3]
The visuals are nice. How did you blend the shadow of that building with the ground? did you use alpha blending?

I think you might wanna add stranger objects, like a chemistry set, a microscope or grafting tools (whatever you make up of this, anyway) or anything like that just to make that building feel like it really does perform a crude genetic engineering and it's not just a greenhouse.
Perhaps on that middle table there.

zambani(Posted 2010) [#4]
@slenkar - Thanks

@Kryzon - That's a good idea. Funny thing is it started out as a normal greenhouse and then I went genetic on it but forgot to change the image. I'll add some instruments on the center table.
As for the shadow, it's part of the a single image(house+shadow) that's alpha blended.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2010) [#5]
Great work. What software did you use for this?

zambani(Posted 2010) [#6]
@John
Blitzmax for programming
3d Studio Max for the models