BlitzMax Logo made as SVG (vector)

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/BlitzMax Logo made as SVG (vector)

theHand(Posted 2010) [#1]
I wanted an infinitely scalable BlitzMax icon (I wanted to share it too) for my Panel in Linux, so I started making one. (I've been using the OpenOffice.org puzzle piece icon--the one with the green plus on it--since then).
That was weeks ago, and here it is:

That's a thumbnail of it, click it for "full" size.

Here is the actual SVG:
Click here for BlitzMax SVG Logo

~ ~ ~ ~ U P D A T E D ~ ~ ~ ~

MediaFire deleted it because of inactivity or something, but that's no excuse for it to not be available, so here it is on my personal file storage:
the SVG

I canceled my TrueShare subscription because I don't have much money right now, but I do have them hosted on my Google Docs:
the SVG

And if the download somehow becomes corrupted for you (I have heard of such things happening 'consistently' under certain conditions), try the ARC (remember it has Recovery Records exactly for that reason)
the SVG in an ARC archive
the SVG in an ARC archive

Because many web browsers don't yet have full support for the years-old SVG standard (Opera, and Google Chrome( at least on Linux), are wonderful exceptions), I cannot display it here. Also, you will need either Peazip or FreeArc to extract the SVG from the archive. , and the password for the archive is: blitzmaxliveson (no password)

If you want to convert the SVG to a small bitmap graphic for use as an icon then please download and install Inkscape, it is quite capable. It was also the program I used to make this SVG representation of the BMax logo.
If that isn't enough, GIMP, Irfanview, Wikipedia, yada yada.

Read the rest of this post if you want to know why I chose this the ARC compression format (long explanation), I just don't want anyone complaining about the ARC format.

ARC is a format that, like WinRAR's RAR format, supports recovery records. These recovery records hold a certain amount of redundant data that, in the event of the archive's corruption ("bad download"), can be used to (hopefully, usually) reconstruct the damaged part of the archive. When you're dealing with vector graphics you don't want any part of the vector graphic to become corrupted, else you might have to start all over again (unlike with text files, or, in many cases, bitmap graphics). I was afraid that if I didn't put it in an archive that it would be regarded as a text file (that is essentially what XML is), and I've had problems in the past trying to upload text files to file hosting websites.

theHand(Posted 2010) [#2]
Bump
Just want everyone to get this for their desktops, etc.

Taron(Posted 2010) [#3]
It's nice and you did a good job!

Frankly, I don't even wear prints on a tshirt, so don't worry. If somebody looks for the finest rendition of the BlitzMax Logo, I'm sure they'll find your wonderful post!

Thanks, yeah, now we all have theHand for vectors! ;}

Difference(Posted 2010) [#4]
<friendlybanter>
If your argument for the ARC format was correct, SVG would not work in the first place, making you Opera advert invalid.

Post the plain SVG already ;-)

If nothing else, the XML in a codebox
</friendlybanter>

theHand(Posted 2010) [#5]
No my friend, you have it wrong; the advert was for Peazip :D

But in retrospect a password for the archive was unnecessary. Updated file.

Edit: tried a codebox, didn't work. codeboxes should ignore all other tags but a closing codebox tag, but they don't! oh well.

Thanks, yeah, now we all have theHand for vectors

Me? What about you, Mr. 3D wizard? This could be from Resident Evil, out of the context of your website!

Taron(Posted 2010) [#6]
:) HAHAHA, thanks, i guess!? :)
Well, it's all already ancient, I'm cured now... ...maybe. Nah, probably not, but I havn't done much 3d in a while. Programming is more fun at the moment. I should however update my website... <blush>

Difference(Posted 2010) [#7]
As far as I can see, none of your unpackers are for Mac.

How about simply pasting the XML into a post?

theHand(Posted 2010) [#8]
SVGs work with Mediafire
There's the SVG.

see first post

I'm really sorry about the double post, I didn't realize it occurred and it was an accident. If forum posts can be deleted please delete the second one, any moderator who's reading this. I am so sorry!

theHand(Posted 2010) [#9]
Damnit, as soon as I get a Mac I am gonna port Peazip!

Well, sorry to everyone for the extra scrolling, but here is the XML:

Edit: deleted the XML because it was too long a post.

Kryzon(Posted 2010) [#10]
I'm gonna quote that just for the lulz.

therevills(Posted 2010) [#11]
Code box it... maybe ;)

Czar Flavius(Posted 2010) [#12]
theHand, I am going to use a modified version of your logo, do you want to be credited as your username or real name?

theHand(Posted 2011) [#13]
Sorry, I have been attending college for the past several months and it is really getting hard to keep up.
But it is fine with me as long as you post the SVG (of the updated logo), or other vector format, here. Also don't forget that the logo is a Trademark of BRL.
I made it so that others could save time, so I don't mind you using it.

Last edited 2011

Last edited 2011