poll: which style?

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/poll: which style?

dmaz(Posted 2009) [#1]
a.

b.

ZJP(Posted 2009) [#2]
b

JP

Yahfree(Posted 2009) [#3]
b

Hotshot2005(Posted 2009) [#4]
b :)

Gabriel(Posted 2009) [#5]
A.

I don't like the glassy bevel on the blue invaders in b. I like my pixel art pure.

Gladclef - Ben B(Posted 2009) [#6]
b, but without glossy on the blues

dogzer(Posted 2009) [#7]
b

GaryV(Posted 2009) [#8]
A for the same reasons Gabriel stated.

Matty(Posted 2009) [#9]
b) - like the red and green invaders, don't like the blue, don't like the 'shield wall thingies'
a) - prefer the shield wall thingy

JA2(Posted 2009) [#10]
A

therevills(Posted 2009) [#11]
I like B.... but what about adding both to your game and give the player the option? ;)

EOF(Posted 2009) [#12]
> but what about adding both to your game and give the player the option?

Yes, option to switch. Another World Remix has a Classic vs New-look for example so you get the best of both worlds (as it were)

*(Posted 2009) [#13]
both

dmaz(Posted 2009) [#14]
thanks for all the comments... I think I'm going to go with B but reduce/remove the gloss of the blue dudes as nobody seems to like that. for various reasons I don't think I'll add an option to switch between the two...

thanks again.

Taron(Posted 2009) [#15]
A. for me. But with the sockets on the ground like in B.

B's enemies look a little like they want to be something the game can't visually live up to. It'll break the style too much. You could make them blocky with a kind of simple shadow like at the sockets of the ground's defence blocks! I like that!

dmaz(Posted 2009) [#16]
blocky, how do you mean?

I wanted to move the 3 core space invaders ships to a look more like other ships I was making... they have a 'little' more depth... but yeah, I'm not satisfied. this game's been in my 'closet' for 2 yrs and I just want to finish it off because I think it's pretty fun.
the saucer has slight shading in this early shot

so do these bombers, so I thought the 3 orig invaders were breaking the style a little?