DLow Poly Dino.

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/DLow Poly Dino.

Amon(Posted 2009) [#1]

This is my low poly Dino. It's nearly finished. Next step is to export to fragmotion to add a skeleton and animate it. :)

[UPDATED]

[UODATE 2]
I've modified the feet and made them smaller. I think I'll leave it to the texture now for the rest of the realism. :)

jhocking(Posted 2009) [#2]
There are a few edges here and there that I would turn to even out the shading. For example, on the top polygon of the legs there's a really noticeable line in the shading because of the edge there; if you turn that edge so it's connecting the other vertices of that polygon the shading will look better.

Same thing on the feet. Just generally, you want to avoid having any really thin triangles like that. Instead of a really thin triangle and a huge one right next to it, turn the edge so that it becomes two more evenly sized triangles.

Amon(Posted 2009) [#3]
Thanks, I've modified the feet and the rest. Will post update screenies in a bit. :)

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#4]
Very nice looking, especially considering the low poly count. I do think you may want to look into adding some front paws though, it looks 'wrong' without them.

Drak(Posted 2009) [#5]
Doesn't it need arms?

jhocking(Posted 2009) [#6]
I'm assuming an omission that glaring is on purpose. Probably going for more of a Yoshi cartoon dinosaur than anything realistic.

Amon(Posted 2009) [#7]
Nah. Just working on another model. Anyway, I updated the model.

Ian Thompson(Posted 2009) [#8]
Looks very good for a low poly model, Dinos are notoriosly difficult to model well.

Maybe taper the legs a little towards the ankles for a more natural look.

Sung(Posted 2009) [#9]
Very good Amon.
I'm looking now for the texture and how you solve it.

Nate the Great(Posted 2009) [#10]
feet/ankles look a bit big but other than that it looks pretty good.

Amon(Posted 2009) [#11]
Updated with smaller feet. :)

Chroma(Posted 2009) [#12]
I like it. Very nice.

Amon(Posted 2009) [#13]
Thanks for the kind remarks guys. :)

I will have a textured version to show soon. Just making sure it's unwrapped properly.

SoggyP(Posted 2009) [#14]
Hello.

Is it a Tommycooperasauras?

:)

Goodbye.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2009) [#15]
..looking nice, but i think you should add some polys to get dino stomach..its look like legs and 'hands' are connected..

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#16]
I cant really judge it til its got a texture, it may need a few more polys, dont know yet.

Ruz(Posted 2009) [#17]
good start, but he seems to be wearing shoes. just lose the boxiness and it will look a lot better.

dmaz(Posted 2009) [#18]
I actually like the look of the bigger feet!

Flemmonk(Posted 2009) [#19]
Looks good for low poly. You need to fix smoothing groups on it though. Also add some more loops down the bot and legs to make them a little more rounder.