Soldier!!!! (WIP)

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Soldier!!!! (WIP)

dogzer(Posted 2009) [#1]
This is an old model i'm finishing to practice a little bit

jhocking(Posted 2009) [#2]
That is a pretty good model but your link is all kinds of messed up. Just delete the aborted attempt at link code, the forum will detect the link automatically.

Ked(Posted 2009) [#3]
Looks good! Can't view the image on the forum though...

dogzer(Posted 2009) [#4]
thanks! i hope i finish him i usually leave models unfinished due to lack of motivation!!!

Amon(Posted 2009) [#5]
Hey, dogzer! Long time no see you here. Last I saw of you you were working on that puzzle game with indiepath.

I believe you also made the models for anime bowling babes.

Nice model by the way. :)

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#6]
The model looks great... but maybe a little dainty... maybe muscle him up a bit?

tsmpaul(Posted 2009) [#7]
Did you make the textures too? I like the face, and the double-belt with pouch looks great!

Ruz(Posted 2010) [#8]
coming along nice. slightly more macho required though:)

Kryzon(Posted 2010) [#9]
Very nice! could you post what softwares you used (all of them)?

Also, could you show us the texture map? I wanna see how you packed the UVs.

dogzer(Posted 2010) [#10]
I agree with Ruz, haven't worked on this model for quite some time, but it's going to be way more macho when it's done, I promise!

dogzer(Posted 2010) [#11]
just finished it, check it out on this model viewer!
CLICK HERE FOR MODEL VIEWER

Last edited 2010

Gabriel(Posted 2010) [#12]
Really nice work, Jose. Looks like he should be in some kind of Squaresoft scifi-rpg. Maybe a Shinra soldier in a FF7 - themed world?

dogzer(Posted 2010) [#13]
Thanks Gabriel! :D

ErikT(Posted 2010) [#14]
That forehead is awfully large, keep in mind the centre of the eyes should be halfway between the top of the head and the chin, *not* the centre of the brows.

Last edited 2010

Last edited 2010

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#15]
You've never met someone with a large forehead?

People are not perfect...well, other than me but someone has to be the baseline ;) People vary in many ways. Having a "five-head" is one of them.

ErikT(Posted 2010) [#16]
True, except the term five-head refers to people with high hairlines, not abnormally elongated skulls. His head measurement is wrong, and it makes this otherwise very good model look a bit off. Well to me at least :P

dogzer(Posted 2011) [#17]
what about this head?

here's the 3d viewer: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11214337/Viewer%202/WebPlayer.html

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2011) [#18]
The head looks very good to me, tho it still has a lot of Rookie appearence. That's ok for some of the NPCs, but not for all. Try to work with wrinkles, aging, beards. ("Sarge" type of Character).

Matty(Posted 2011) [#19]
Agree - very rookie - inexperienced - green recruit look to the face...need some ageing...