site preview - few 3d models for sale

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/site preview - few 3d models for sale

Ruz(Posted 2009) [#1]
http://www.mikerusby.com/3dmodels1.html

This is a mainly a preview of the site though there are 3 on sale now
security guard, gangster and medieval guy.
some of the prices for the higher res stuff may change as they are geared mainly toward production companies and smaller game start ups.

lo-tekk(Posted 2009) [#2]
I only get a sedo domainparking service ?

granada(Posted 2009) [#3]
I will be using some of this work,I like the security guard.Are they riged & animated !.

(very nice work by the way)

Dave

Ruz(Posted 2009) [#4]
cheers granada.
I am only offering them as models for now( obj). At some point I may consider selling skinned, animated versions, but to start off I have n't really the resources to do the extra work required.
I would have to test them in various formats and do a full anim set, not to mention probably bone lod's as some people would require the hands to just have 2 bones, others might need the hand with bones for every finger.

lo tekk I can only do paypal buttons for now, simplest option really

Duckstab[o](Posted 2009) [#5]
take a look at Torchlight models i would pay an arm and a leg to have animated characters looking like that or better

Consider creating standard Rigs and making various skin for it add lots of animations to the standard rig we can always cut them out at a later date

The indies devs main bottle neck is pipeline since the tools to develope good models are hard to come by $$$ or take years to learn

This is the cash cow :)

dont you think they a little costly for obj ? or is that a industry standard

Ruz(Posted 2009) [#6]
well if you think about I charge around 750 quid for a custom made character like the security guard( diffuse texture only), so it's not too bad.
If I spent time making extra skins and animations for each one I would have to charge a lot more.
The problem is people want art for nothing these days:)

you are probably right that people might not want to pay that much for them, but TBH I never was expecting this to be a huge money spinner anyway.

The main focus is going to be on the higher res stuff for production companies