Camera Tracking Test

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Camera Tracking Test

Zeotrope(Posted 2009) [#1]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWbK5PO-rcA

[a http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWbK5PO-rcA[/a]

Just a small test I am working on. Thought I might share the results.

mtnhome3d(Posted 2009) [#2]
some nice stuff there, what did you use for the tracking?

Sauer(Posted 2009) [#3]
That is really impressive, cool stuff.

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#4]
Very nice.

What software are you using?

Ked(Posted 2009) [#5]
That's awesome!

elcoo(Posted 2009) [#6]
Well I think he may be using voodoo and 3ds max, at least this is what he writes in his video. -_-

Nate the Great(Posted 2009) [#7]
wow, nice job... now make the plane crash into the wall and have the wall affected, ie bricks falling out etc.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2009) [#8]
Really good, actually! I like the combination of real world environments mixed with objects that you normally wouldn't see in the real world, ie spaceships and such. It's like stumbling upon some rarely seen secret that hardly anyone experiences, and that adds a lot of mystery and coolness to it. I think if you just had like virtual trashcans and cars and such it wouldn't be quite so cool, but the tracking is definitely looking good.

Foppy(Posted 2009) [#9]
Very nice. You could make a battle of miniature robots and spaceships in your garden! :)

Zeotrope(Posted 2009) [#10]
Ok...sorry for the lack of response as I have been busy. And thanks for the nice comments.

Software: Voodoo Camera Tracking - Free Dload.
3SD Max9: Used to load the max script Voodoo creates. This is a bunch of points and a camera.

Max9 is also used to create TGA Image sequences from AVI footage and then loaded into Voodoo for the tracking process.

Once the Video (or image sequences are tracked) the script file is loaded into Max. I then force the video to show in the viewport and load in my 3d elements, place them accordingly and finally render out all the frames as a new AVI.

Camera Tracking 101.

Cheers,
More soon.