Logo/Mascot advice.

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Logo/Mascot advice.

CGV(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi,

I've commissioned a vector artist to make a new logo/mascot for my site and I'd like some opinions on it.

This is only the second sketch of the mascot after some feedback from me:

Overall, I like it but i'm thinking the puppy dog eyes need to go.

What do you guys think?

Panno(Posted 2009) [#2]
viele viele bunte SMARTIES - i think

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#3]
what relevance to the site is it? Are you blueball.com?

I hope it didn't cost much... I honestly think that putting eyes on a blue ball and attaching a couple clip art hands does not a mascot/logo make

Just MHO

CGV(Posted 2009) [#4]
The site's gumballygames.com and this is just the mascot that will be next to the logo.

The guys done good work for others but how much can you do with a gumball?

I suggested the gumball mascot to him so maybe that was my error.

I'd love to hear some other recommendations for a mascot.

Matty(Posted 2009) [#5]
I keep imagining a top hat on him, with a little cane as well.

joncom2000(Posted 2009) [#6]
I think it looks ok, sort of in keeping with your current sites image.
I do agree however that it's not the most advance piece of art so hope its not expensive.

CGV(Posted 2009) [#7]
It's not expensive at all, I found this guy over at the digital point forums.

He has suggested, in place of a gumball, a nerdy gamer with a gampad blowing a bubble although I think a little kid instead of a nerd might better appeal to the soccer moms.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2009) [#8]
I think the concept is okay. I don't like the superimposed and hard-to-read-because-most-of-it-is-covered-up website name. That's a bit annoying.

I think the eyes are not right, either the proportion is wrong or they're hanging down too low and droopy or something. I also think that the general `body language` is a bit off ... it seems to be to be like someone trying to correct you on having done something wrong, or someone trying to hail a taxi. I am thinking it would be better if the character had more `energy` in its pose, and was more like a kind of victory joyful jumping for joy kind of an expression with a bigger smile - I am thinking for some reason of Sonic the Hedgehog jumping in the air after successfully completing a level or something - hand higher in the air, etc.

Also why did you make it gumballYgames and not just gumballgames? Adding that one letter Y you add another syllable which not only makes the entire sitename longer and harder to say but it doesn't seem to flow as naturally. What kind of a word is gumbally? - like gumball-ee? Confusing to me. I think you should seriously consider changing to Gumball Games and keep it to 3 syllables.

CGV(Posted 2009) [#9]
I don't like the superimposed and hard-to-read-because-most-of-it-is-covered-up website name. That's a bit annoying.

I added that so the mascot couldn't be nicked by puki ;P

I just registered gumballgames.com. I could have sworn it was already registered and that's why I went with gumballygames.

Thanks for the suggestion, ImaginaryHuman.

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#10]
gumballgames.com definitely sounds a lot better than gumballygames.com, IMHO