Another Mechanical Monstrosity

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Another Mechanical Monstrosity

Matty(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hello again,

put together another model this morning (had the day off work which was nice) - I think you'll find it is a bit more well lit than the last one.

puki(Posted 2009) [#2]
I think he should have tank-like tracks, instead of legs. Other than that, it looks okay.

RifRaf(Posted 2009) [#3]
no no, the legs add to the creepy factor

TaskMaster(Posted 2009) [#4]
Leave the legs as is, I can imagine the click clack of this thing walking down those metallic corridors. Foreshadowing your impending doom.

Ked(Posted 2009) [#5]
I can imagine the click clack of this thing walking down those metallic corridors. Foreshadowing your impending doom.

Yuck. Like a huge spider with guns.

_PJ_(Posted 2009) [#6]
Beautiful!!!

Can it make coffee? I want one! :D

It has a very smooth finish to it, even the guns, it's unusual but nice - Was that intended or is teh texture a minor consideration to the mesh itself?

LineOf7s(Posted 2009) [#7]
...a bit more well lit than the last one.

...and the final nominee for "Understatement Of The Year 2009" is... ;o)

Very nice. I like the "hockey mask"-esque look you've got going there. Classic creepy.

Matty(Posted 2009) [#8]
Thanks for the feedback - puki - the legs will stay (they certainly do add to the creepiness factor)

Hi Malice - I wanted a smooth look and a fairly basic colour scheme, and also my texturing skills are fairly limited so needed to keep it simple.

Ginger Tea(Posted 2009) [#9]
aye when i saw this i thought "whats this jason vorhees cyber dog alteration?"

SoggyP(Posted 2009) [#10]
Hello.

Man, look at the size of the codpiece, that'd put the willy's up me and that's a fact. So to speak. Ahem.

Goodbye.

Matty(Posted 2009) [#11]
Next step will be to try and animate it I guess.

Destroyer(Posted 2009) [#12]
Looking good Matty :)

Are you using Cinema 4d for your modeling ??

If so BodyPaint would work wonders on adding a little detail to it.

If i could figure out how to upload a picture i would show you my creation lol

Thanks

Destroyer

Matty(Posted 2009) [#13]
Thanks Destroyer,

I use Softimage XSI (5.0 Foundation).

Lui(Posted 2009) [#14]
Looks really good but the legs should be a little more thick

Reminds me of the "Bane Goliath" from the AT-43 Tabletop game

Did you use this as reference?

Matty(Posted 2009) [#15]
Yes Lui, that is exactly what I based it on...I played a game of it yesterday with some friends.

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#16]
Looks like the bad guys from The Fifth Element :) Nice :)

schilcote(Posted 2009) [#17]
Hmm... looks nice. By the way, if anybody needs someone who knows stuff about real robots and many other things (laws of physics, quantum laws, economic laws, stuff like that) you can always contact me at schilcotejr@.... I have nothing but time and a very large intellect. I just thought somebody might want someone to help add some realism to a game or something.

Dabhand(Posted 2009) [#18]
I like the spidery legs, but I do think they need a bit more beef, if that came round the corner, I wouldnt know if I should blow its head off or buy it a Step exercise system from JML! ;)

Nice work on it though anyhoo!!! :)

Dabz

D4NM4N(Posted 2009) [#19]
Very nice, like the mask thing it looks sinister.

-it looks like "Jason" and the star wars 'destroyer droid' had a baby. :D

Matty(Posted 2009) [#20]
Yeah, I agree the legs are a bit on the skinny side, I'm pleased with the mask-face though.

I may have to make something else one of these days, it's been a while since I've made something.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2009) [#21]
Looks great, nice and sinister.