Mechanical Monstrosity in Sci Fi Corridor

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Mechanical Monstrosity in Sci Fi Corridor

Matty(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hello all,

I thought I'd share a picture of something I made last night. Corridor was from my Sci Fi Corridor Pack, but the Creature/Machine I created last night (~1hr to ~1.5hrs) - it's based on a model from a wargame called AT-43...

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#2]
dont be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed

its a bit too 'dark' for me to see

N(Posted 2009) [#3]
Where is it?

Matty(Posted 2009) [#4]
Hi,
it seems I always end up making my renders too dark - some monitors show it fine, others don't..I may have to calibrate my monitors one day..

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#5]
All I can see is the white reflective bit at the bottom of the legs -- everything else is pure black.

However, after brightening the snot out of it in Photoshop, I must say that the model itself actually does look pretty nice...

But it's definitely way to dark: Almost half of the image is made up of either RGB 0,0,0, RGB 1,1,1 or RGB 2,2,2 -- If you can make heads or tails out of it at all then you have indeed calibrated your screen very oddly.

Matty(Posted 2009) [#6]
Maybe this is a bit easier to see (although admittedly not by much):

Yasha(Posted 2009) [#7]
Whatever you're working on, it's going to be good. And terrifying. Make sure this project has a good soundtrack...

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#8]
i can see from the grey render that it does resemble something from star wars, it looks good

Matty(Posted 2009) [#9]
Hi Yasha, it's not actually for a game, just something I felt like making the other night.

Jerome Squalor(Posted 2009) [#10]
i like it! ever since i had a go at 3d modeling and failed miserably, i have had a certain respect for people who can create something of that quality in that short amount of time. great work! the body kinda reminds me of a nuclear fission reactor. :)

Ked(Posted 2009) [#11]
Looks good! I like the really dark one, though. It lets you know something's there and that it can rip you to pieces if you step too close.